Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

littlemojo
Adept I

Direct Sales Event Radeon 6000/Ryzen 5000

Dear AMD,

it is mind boggling how bad the direct sales event was handled. I have no idea how management can get away with decisions that would get any regular employee fired instantly. The responsible suit is probably getting a nice bonus for x-mas.

Why pit regular people against bots, why not have a three day phase to place orders, then vet them, have people click a confirmation email. Randomly assign stock to orders. Profit.

-That way there is plenty of time to have the order site up, running and responsive.
-Negates speed and volume advantage of bots.
-Enables screening of orders for suspect patterns.

Also if you know that stuff will be sold out in seconds, why waste your customers time by have them click on a bugged-out page for hours. You are a tech company and its 2020 ffs.

If you think supplying miners, scalpers and bot-users before regular people will benefit you, well gl&hf.

I was ready to wait for supply catching up, because I thought AMD was worth supporting.
I was ready to buy some fancy rainbow LED AIB card, because I thought AMD was worth supporting.
I was ready to get a halo zen/radeon combo, because I thought AMD was worth supporting.
I was ready to go though the hassle and leave the Nvidia ML environment with all the support, knowledge and projects; because I thought AMD was worth supporting.

Now i will go with what is best for me, not because of bad supply, but because of how inconsiderate AMD was towards regular people.

You knew what was coming, you should have even prepared for Nvidia trying something funny, you did nothing.

The site still isn't working for me, days after all the bots and people should have left.
So if there is another sale, I still wont be able to get anything.

You could just have witten "F*** y**!" on that page, because that is the message that you are currently sending, at least to me.

5 Replies
dddbleu
Adept I

About the same answer around here....Anyway AMD doesn't seems to care for their long supporting customers. Profit over loyalty. Should be their new credo.

littlemojo
Adept I

The shop page still does not work for me.

0 Likes

Yeap, unfortunately I can't open it too. But I am trying from my phone now. When I get back to my house in Larnaca  here this evening I will give it a try from my Alienware there, I hope it will work. Or I will try to change IP to see if there is any issue with certain countries maybe

0 Likes
littlemojo
Adept I

6900 XT AIB spotted in the wild for 1599€, in 'regular' online stores.

Maybe you might revisit who gets supplied first.

Stock lying around for those kind of prices artificially increases scarcity.

0 Likes
curley60
Journeyman III

Yeah, I had 2400.00 dollars saved for an AMD 6800/6900 card but there are none to be had.  I can't believe my luck, EVGA sold me an RTX 3080 at MSRP as I fell in the queue at the right time.  Having money left, I was able to get an RTX 3070  FTW for $600.00.  I have two gaming machines, one with AMD products and the other with Intel/Nvidia products.  AMD lost out on my money this time around.  Starting not to miss them.  At least Nvidia has made an effort to get the cards out to regular people.   It just goes to show that when a company starts being competitive and successful, they act like all the rest.  Why should AMD be different.   I'm happy Intel is getting into the GPU market because AMD could be going the way of 3DFX.  I don't have the money for an AMD card now so if they become available I will have to wait until the next generation if they sell me on before Intel, Nvidia. 

0 Likes