Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dimpah
Adept I

Direct buy from Greece

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out why AMD don't have a direct buy shop for Greece. All the other primary countries of eurozone have one, so I wonder why Greece is excluded.

The only reason I could imagine is that the postages are too high. Can someone enlight me please?

At least give us the chance to order from another EU country and the charge extra shipping cost.

0 Likes
8 Replies

From AMD STORE FAQ: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq

Screenshot 2021-04-21 073647.png

These are all the countries including EU that AMD Store ships to directly.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, but your answer doesn't cover my question. I'm asking why there is not direct buy from Greece! and not which country already have.

0 Likes

The reason why I posted where AMD Store ships is  because of what you commented on from your original Post:

At least give us the chance to order from another EU country and the charge extra shipping cost.

As to why AMD Store doesn't ship to Greece I have no idea.

EDIT: Deleted link to AMD Support which doesn't concern this issue.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, there is no way you can buy products from other countries. I opened this URL in order to (try to) buy a 6800XT Midnight Black but when I click on another's county link : *AMD Store - Buy AMD Direct , I 'm redirected at "https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/gr" but everything is out of stock and the prices is in US dollars.

That's the reason I'm saying that I want to have a chance to buy from another country. 

Anyway, thank you for your time.

0 Likes

Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

Unfortunately even at AMD STORE all the GPUs are sold out in minutes even seconds.

I am not certain but if you purchase a GPU from AMD Store directly and it is going to a EU country it will show the price in Euros including any VAT tax or fees.

As you are aware of the rumors that Scalpers and Bots (robots) and Miners are buying up all the GPUs being sold which leaves regular Customers with extremely little left to buy then you can understand the problem.

You can purchase a 6000 Series GPU card like in Ebay but at Scalper's prices (2-3 times the price over MSRP).

The situation is so bad that AMD STORE has a limit of ONE GPU per Person or Household (address).

Anyways, Hope you are able to get a hold of a new GPU card. I would try buying it from AMD STORE Direct if possible.

Good luck.

0 Likes

Yes you are correct. When you buy from an EU site you have to pay the amount of VAT in the country you live. So, in my case is 24%. 

For the reasons you mentioned, I don't want to buy one from ebay. The other reason is the warranty.

So as a EU customer I don't have the chance to buy one from AMD directly and it doesn't feel fair. Here in Greece, the price of a 6800XT is well above 1000 euro and closer to 1500.

I think I'll stick to my Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT for 2021 and let's hope the situation will be better when the next generation of cards will come (7800XT ?? with 4 chiplets

I don't think opening a support ticket is going to give the user the answer he is looking for.

These  decisions are not made by support agents, not are the reasons behind the same provided to them.

Okay Thanks for the Update Ray.

I realize that AMD Support doesn't make decisions or know about AMD Store shipping policies but I thought AMD Support might, at least, be able to direct the OP in the right direction in answering his question.

The only category that might fit at AMD Service Request is under Graphics - Product Information.

Since AMD STORE has no direct Contact link, AMD Customers doesn't have much of a choice on how to contact AMD except through AMD Service Request or call AMD Customer Service.

This is the only number that pops up when you Google AMD Customer Service and when you google AMD Customer Service in Greece all the numbers are for AMD Support.

But I don't know if AMD Customer Service is  the same as AMD SUPPORT.

EDIT: But I see your point I won't try to give a link to AMD Support unless it is in reference to actual Technical Support. Since AMD Support AMD Service Request webpage mentions that if Customers have issues with AMD Rewards they have posted a link to that. Maybe they should also a include a Link for AMD Customer Service.

Deleted AMD Support link in my previous reply.