cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Sundsta
Journeyman III

Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure

I am a little stumped, with a new build. i5, 2x8 DDR5, Gigabyte AM Gaming X790, Seasonic 750 PSU, 1GB SSD.

Clean Windows 11 build x3 in last 10 days. Crashes typically during gaming, Windows restarts with Default WattMan settings. I try to set fans, under Manual Tuning. Disable Zero RPM, maybe edit the speed curve of fans. But no clocking etc.

New Build, initially thought DDR5 faulty, ordered a second set 2x8GB ran Windows test. Found fault on third slot. Replaced new MB with new Gigabyte MB. Latest MB BIOS.

PerfMon Report is: Passed all tests. Reliabilty Monitor is rated poorly.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Reliability Monitor Fri13 2023.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
AaronRajoo
Journeyman III

This problem was killing me!!!

So basically I updated all the drivers and nothing was working.

Today I did the following:

1. Disabled all adobe creative suite processes that start up automatically when i boot up

2. Disabled razer synapse that starts up automatically when i boot up

3. changed to the highest quality Display port cable I could find.

Et Voila, one or all of those finally fixed this issue. I don't get this notification anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MrLeftCoast
Adept II

Make sure Windows 11 didn't replace the manufacturer's driver with the Microsoft's driver. Windows 11 is known to do this whenever you do updates.

Use DDU in safe mode to remove all AMD drivers and reinstall the latest video driver from the motherboard's website.

Also, what are the errors you're getting in Reliability history? Specifically the 3 errors on 01/12/23

Hey MrLeftCoast,

Thanks for your quick reply and solid information. My distemper crashed on safe mode and a second time shortly after boring back into Windows...

I enjoyed your information, as it looked at my problem from a information perspective. 

Appreciated and regards. 

0 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply and solid information. My system crashed in safe mode and a second time shortly after booting back into Windows...

I enjoyed your information, as it looked at my problem from a different perspective. 

Appreciated and regards. 

0 Likes

You need to prevent Windows from changing / installing the graphics driver.

https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/how-to-stop-updates-for-drivers-with-windows-update...

AaronRajoo
Journeyman III

This problem was killing me!!!

So basically I updated all the drivers and nothing was working.

Today I did the following:

1. Disabled all adobe creative suite processes that start up automatically when i boot up

2. Disabled razer synapse that starts up automatically when i boot up

3. changed to the highest quality Display port cable I could find.

Et Voila, one or all of those finally fixed this issue. I don't get this notification anymore.

0 Likes