cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

cekoy298
Journeyman III

Custom Resolution

I want to add 1280x960 resolution to my computer. When I enter "Radeon Settings", I do not have a custom resolution setting. My display card AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

0 Likes
10 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

In the radeon software

Settings > Display

On the right hand side there should be a custom resolution option with a button to create a new one.

0 Likes

I know where it is but I don't have that option.

0 Likes

Does Windows Settings - Display show that specific Resolution?

You can also try to create a Custom Resolution by using a small free program called CRU (Custom Resolution Utility).

I used that program but when I select the resolution I created in CS:GO, my game is completely black screen.

0 Likes

Is it possible for you post your computer specs and Make & Model of your Monitor and how it is connected to the motherboard.

When you created and selected the Resolution created by CRU 1280x960 does that resolution work correctly on your Monitor except when you play the game?

Also when you created the Resolution 1280x960 with CRU does it show up in Windows Settings - Display as one of the Resolutions to choose from?

i use laptop

yes, i can use 1280x960 on my monitor.

yes, it looks there and i can use it when i choose.

0 Likes

Then the problem is with the specific game.

Most likely you laptop doesn't have the full requirements to run the game.

Go to any of these website and see if your laptop can run CS:GO and whether you laptop meets the minimum requirement to run the game:

https://www.game-debate.com/can-I-run/ 

Can You RUN It | Can I Run It | Can My PC Run It 

Welcome to the Game System Requirements - Can I Run It? - PCGameBenchmark 

Make sure you have the custom resolution running when you run the above website to check the specific game you want to run.

0 Likes

I play with +100 fps on each map. I can play the game as 1280x960 when I don't make it full screen. My main problem is that there is no custom resolution option in Radeon settings.

0 Likes

Some features are not supported on Laptops. I am not sure if this would be one of those cases or not. I would suggest asking your laptops maker and / or AMD for advice: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

fyrel
Miniboss

Not sure why you don't have the option to set custom resolutions.

Won't let me set that custom resolution anyway probably because my display isn't 4:3 aspect ratio.