cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

OdraNoel2049
Adept I

(!!CODES RELEASED!!) Starfield premium key late delivery is not cool

IGNORE THIS POST, PREMIUM CODES HAVE BEEN RELEASED! THANK YOU AMD!!!!

outdated orig post below 

------------

so i am to understand that AMD the official partner with bethesda is going to be virtually the only provider that is not allowing users to pre-load the game by not providing game keys until after the release window has passed?

-AMD is the OFFICAL bethesda sponsor.

-All other providers have given out keys.

-This is a 130+ GB game.

-Early access (IE time available to play) is the main component of the premium edition and why all other vendors have provided keys before hand in order to allow users to pre load a very large game in order to be ready for the release date.

-Time is absolutely VITAL to those of us who have limited time to play.

-AMD products are NOT cheap.

-AMD is the OFFICAL bethesda sponsor. (Right?)

So not only will i have to wait to receive my code late after the game has launched, but then i have to wait an entire extra day or more for the game to download? and this is because i decided to go with bethesdas official sponsor? please somebody tell me im wrong. and also name any other vendor or distributor that is also doing the same...

16 Replies
mazi
Adept II

where did you buy into a "premium edition" copy of the game via AMD? AFAIK the bundle is a standard edition only always with release on 6th September.

head scratchin, how did you get the balls to whine about sth like this? ;D

How did you not know there was a premium version for different products? Since you have no clue what you're talking about you should probably not reply.

Emoji_Emoticon_Happy_Laugh_Smile-128

i always find it funny when people who have no idea what they are talking about erroneously call out others for supposedly not knowing what they are talking about.....it makes you look really dumb.

but since you apparently dont know, depending on the AMD product you purchased you will get either the standard or premium version of starfield. in my case i purchased a 7900X3D which comes with the premium version of starfield.

0 Likes
MrMartyD
Journeyman III

No, unfortunately it seems you're not wrong at all. People that bought hardware from the “exclusive partner of Starfield” are indeed the only ones that right now do not have access to preload on Steam through redeemable keys. I bought a 6800 XT and am waiting on a premium key as well. GMG, CDKeys and Instant Gaming have all distributed their keys, and purchasers are either downloading or have downloaded the game.

If resellers all have keys, I can’t imagine a reason as to why AMD would not have keys, which means they’re seemingly just sitting on them for… reasons? Not good, especially if you’re some poor soul that lives in the sticks and needs a day or two to download it, or if you’re someone that’s taken time off of work to relax and enjoy the day but will now need to download it instead of playing.

No doubt it was all in the terms when I bought the card, I should have checked and that’s on me. But seeing everyone else get their codes and preload when they’ve bought discounted copies of the game from key resellers, while buyers of official partner hardware are being forced to wait is, as you say, not cool.

The only other option is to buy the game on Steam, download it, refund and then wait for the code from AMD, but not everyone has money to throw around so not ideal.

AMD also hasn’t released any updated drivers, not a major thing and I’d like to think they’ll be out tomorrow, but NVIDIA had theirs out last week. It all seems a bit lacklustre to be honest.

All it takes is a Community Manager to say, strange everyone but us has given out Keys? Lets see if we can do something about it. Now makes me regret buying a 7950x3D... 

yes, if i dont get my code by tomorrow morning im just going to buy the prem version on steam and request a refund once the key does finally come (you know, after the official launch/release....) this is just bad business...

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

They keys aren't preorder keys, that's why we don't get them early.

*edit below*

If you have the premium package you should get the key on the 01, if not on 6th or so.

That is just 100% speculation and if we end up getting them early and they don't let us play right away, then your a liar. 

0 Likes

No thats what the support email told me.

0 Likes

That was short lived. 

0 Likes

so your saying the official sponsor of bethesda is literally the only vendor that was not provided with pre order keys? and everyone else was? why should i engage with any future amd promotions again? this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Finnegin
Adept I

This is a huge topic for everyone and I'm surprised AMD has done nothing to try and help customers out to speed up this process. I guess it's a good thing I have the pc game pass premium as back up.

0 Likes

yes thats the worst part, they have done zero to try to clarify the situation. im honestly considering buying the prem version on steam and then getting a refund once the code is out, as others have suggested. (yes my time is precious and i have already waited more then 8 years+ for this game, im not going to wait one more day while everyone else has their copies because of stupid corpo BS)

0 Likes
randyc71
Adept III

When were the codes released? I have not been given mine still.

0 Likes

Never mind, I had to go back to the AMD rewards page to get it to work, probably due to the Bethesda/Steam merger.

0 Likes