cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Hsnn
Adept I

Can't update drivers for video card

Not long ago I encountered the following problem: after the Windows 10 format, I wanted to update the drivers for the AMD video card. After installation, the computer wanted to reboot. After rebooting the computer, everything was as before. Drivers were not installed. There was no error but the drivers were not installed. I don't know how to solve it. When I tried to install the drivers automatically from the AMD website (Auto-Detect), then I could not continue the installation. The install button was not pressed. It couldn't find the driver or something I didn't understand either. But my drivers are old. When I go into the game, an error appears that the drivers need to be updated. I'm sorry for mistakes in my text.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for the pics. Yes, the R9 200 series is legacy and no longer supported. This is why the Auto-Detect does not work and prompts you to download the drivers manually.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-630

If you use the drop-downs on the driver download page, select Graphics, R9 Series, 200 Series, 270X - the last available version is 22.6.1

FunkZ_0-1707662879030.png

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

View solution in original post

6 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1 Release Notes | AMD

Scroll down and click "AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1 Driver for Windows® 10 & Windows® 11 64-bit" when installing select clean install and follow the instructions.

Also, which GPU do you have?

I have an old video card (amd r9 270x). Maybe the problem is that the GPU is old. I honestly don't know

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

If you attempt to use the Auto-Detect and the Install button is greyed out, it is likely because the latest software version will not work on your hardware.

Post a screenshot of the Auto-Detect window and Windows Device Manager with Display Adapters and Processors sections expanded.

IMG_20240211_183907.jpg

IMG_20240211_183811.jpg

 Sorry for photo's resolution. I can't send picture more than 3 mb. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the pics. Yes, the R9 200 series is legacy and no longer supported. This is why the Auto-Detect does not work and prompts you to download the drivers manually.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-630

If you use the drop-downs on the driver download page, select Graphics, R9 Series, 200 Series, 270X - the last available version is 22.6.1

FunkZ_0-1707662879030.png

I was finally able to update the drivers. When I did this before it didn’t work. Probably did something wrong. But now everything has fallen into place. Thanks a lot