Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

hitoshi
Journeyman III

AMD GPU/CPU Latency

SPEC:5800X3d,XFX 7900XTX

I usually play competitive FPS games like Call of Duty or Valorant and I pretty care about the PC and device Latency.Recently I use a software for PC optimize called BoosterX(https://boosterx.org/en/ ) and use its latency test app to test my Latency ,the result is like 9-11ms,and also I ask some friend who use intel cpu and nvidia gpu to test,their result is usually under 6ms,this pretty upset me

plz make the GPU/CPU Latency lower!

hitoshi_0-1707469408038.png

hitoshi_1-1707469603714.png

0 Likes
7 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Have you enable anti lag on adrenalin?

The Englishman
0 Likes

yes

0 Likes

Every setting contributes for increasing input lag, like VSync on or off, freesync, graphic settings, your screen, your mouse polling rate, background tasks, its not just the GPU and CPU, to be an apples to apples comparison with your friends you'd have to get an exact hardware except GPU and CPU.

To give you and example, an average wireless mouse will have a little bigger input lag than wired. But don't take wires for granted as well, as a 2.4ghz wireless mouse from RoG with an outstanding polling rate can outshine even some wired mice.

Too many variables here.

Not accounting what @elstaci said about the site.

The Englishman
0 Likes

@johnnyenglish When Malwarebyte security browser extension blocks a website I tend to not go there to be on the safe side.

My decision was verified with the Tom's hardware article about Discord Servers being used to spread malware.

If the User has a very good Anti-virus then they can take the risk go and download from those type of sites. I am not familiar with that website so I wasn't going to take the risk.

I agree, If its fishy, then its not trusthworthy.

The Englishman

Went to your link to download the Latency App. When I clicked to download the app my FireFox extension Malwarebytes blocked it saying:

Website blocked due to a suspicious download

Website Blocked: cdn.discordapp.com

v2.6.17 | Heuristics: a suspicious download

Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this page because it may contain malicious activity.

I guess it was blocked due to hackers and criminal activities being used to download malware and viruses on these type of sites.

In 2021, Tom's hardware tech site wrote a article about how Discord sites are being used to infect Users PCs when they visit the site: https://www.tomsguide.com/news/discord-server-malware

FunkZ
Exemplar

@elstaci I also didn't click the link as this post looked suspiciously like clickbait.

@hitoshi Gamers Nexus just did a video about testing system latency. Framerate Isn't Good Enough @0:20 there are examples of latency, none of which approach 6ms. I think your friend is blowing smoke.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT