Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

LordOdin
Adept II

BSOD inaccesible boot drive after amd driver installation

Hi Guys

I was downloading a AMD Driver and something went really wrong and i really need some help. I am now getting BSOD with message inaccessible boot drive. Something has screwed my system up properly, i now get the Blue Screen and the Gigabyte Loading Screen, My Mouse and Keyboard have stopped working so can't get into Bios and don't know what to do. The only other device i have is this old Mac Mini. I don't have a recovery disk or usb, infact the system doesn't have a dvd drive. I need to install windows 11 from scratch but don't have it on any usb, i don't have a restore drive either. The only other thing i could do is try and download windows using my Mac but i haven't got a clue plus i can't get into bios anyway. If anyone has any help or advice i would really appreciate it. Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
1 Solution
LordOdin
Adept II

Managed to sort everything today so a very happy chappy. All i did was replace the NVMe Drive and reset my Bios, i put a Flash Drive in it and restarted the PC in Bios changed the Boot Device to Flash and Voila. Everything Running great at the moment. I did have to remove the Graphics Card and Cooler to actually get the NVMe in but pretty straightforward.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
lucas360
Adept I

can you log in into safe mode ? if yes, try ddu the driver ? there is also a way to create a bootable usb thro mac just google it :).

0 Likes
LordOdin
Adept II

Can't log into anything, just getting and endless rotation of Gigabyte Screen and Blue Screen. At first it was giving me the repair options which i tried but it kept going back to the continuous cycle. I was going to try and reset bios with the jumper pins on the mobo but thought would try here first and see if anyone could help. I will try and find a way to get Windows on a flash drive on this Mac.

0 Likes
LordOdin
Adept II

Got a Windows 11 USB i just need to figure out why usb has stopped working, will open it up and see if anythings loose, should i try re-flashing the bios ?. I am really at a loss with this so someone please help if you can.

0 Likes

Use your mac mini to create and download a Windows installation media to a USB stick.  You can do that here: Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)  Plug.  Be sure that your USB drive is formatted to FAT32.  Plug it in to the Windows computer and hope for the best.

What graphics card do you have? What processor? Is this a laptop? What driver did you install that caused this?

LordOdin
Adept II

I have a Powercolor RX5700 XT and the CPU is a 5600X, The Motherboard is a Gigabyte B550 DS3H and it's a Desktop Machine. I think the Boot device has got corrupted so going to put in a new NVMe Drive when it arrives also reset the Bios and check all connections. It's the USB not working that confuses me, when i first with it on the Mouse and Keyboard light up then it looks like the power is draining from them, the lights just fade. Funny thing is the CPU Fan stays on even when i power the PC off. Everything lights up when switched on including RAM and Case Fans. I can't think of anything else.

0 Likes
LordOdin
Adept II

Managed to sort everything today so a very happy chappy. All i did was replace the NVMe Drive and reset my Bios, i put a Flash Drive in it and restarted the PC in Bios changed the Boot Device to Flash and Voila. Everything Running great at the moment. I did have to remove the Graphics Card and Cooler to actually get the NVMe in but pretty straightforward.

Great

Always pleased with positive solutions.  I knew you had it in you.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"