cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Nrc0
Adept I

Bootkit support not responding

It's been almost a week since I've reached out for a boot kit for my new 5600X, and I still haven't gotten a response from support. anyone else having this issue? SR #{ticketno:[8201021091]}

0 Likes
6 Replies

I'll mention a mod @Matt_AMD  and maybe they can look into it for you. I have no idea if they can or not on the bootcamp requests. 

What motherboard make and model do you have that can't run the new processor?

0 Likes

I was one of the lucky few who was able to get a 5600x on release and was super excited to get my build going.

I got a new asus 570X motherboard to go with it (Asus 570X-I mini itx) and was all ready to put the build together. I hit the power on button and... Nothing. Black screen.

After a couple hours of research and troubleshooting it turns out that for 570X boards to be compatible with the new 5000 series CPUs, a bios update is required. Ok no problem. Then it hits me, how do I update the bios on a motherboard that won't even turn on.

Hence the bootkit I'm asking about. This is my first time with an AMD product so definitely a learning experience. It was taking support a few days to get back to me so I got a little restless, but all's good. I got the notification I've been approved and it's shipping out. Thanks for the quick response!

0 Likes

FYI in the future when picking a motherboard many have a bios flash button on the back io panel. You can plug a thumb drive in and only need to have power to the board and it can read and flash the bios from you drive with no processor installed at all and without the computer even being built just power to the board. This is really handy. Not only for processor upgrades but I have had a flash of a new bios go bad and this feature can still replace a corrupted bios load. 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I'll look into this and get back to you tomorrow. 

I knew the second I posted about it here I was going to get an email back about the bootkit haha. They got back to me, sorry and thanks for looking out!!

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Sorry for the slight delay, we are quite busy at the moment but glad to see you've had a response now. :)

0 Likes