cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Bluescreen and system crashes - solved by updating BIOS

I'm not sure where to start with this, I can't see myself every purchasing Radeon or Ryzen products again. I have a R5 3600 and Sapphire Pulse 5600xt. I've never had as many issues as I'm having with this current setup. The first GPU I ordered was DOA. The RMA was fast and seamless. This is the first PC I've ran in a while so I overlooked the consistent frame hangups. The usage spiking one second and then going down to nothing, the next for no apparent reason.  The second I got out of the warranty period for the CPU and GPU, however, it has been constant crashes. Constant hickups. Constant headaches. I bluescreen and have VGA warnings on my motherboard almost daily. The PC is sluggish at best. Unbearable per usual. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or if there's a fix. I play every game at medium to low presets to even be able to play,  despite this supposedly being the best 1080p experience. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

1st thing is to make sure Windows 10 is up to date

then Motherboard BIOS , as well as the Chipset drivers.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Information required when Posting A Question 

Fill that out completely ,The more info the better.

GPU: Sapphyre Pulse 5600xt 299-5e411-202ft

Radeon Software: Adrenaline 22.2.2

Monitor: Scepter curved 27 inch. C275B-144RN

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

MOBO: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (BIOS f50)

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W 80+ Gold

RAM: Patriot Viper RGB Series 3200mhz (can't get the xmp to actually work so it's running at 2133mhz) ddr4 2x8 GB

0 Likes

1st thing is to make sure Windows 10 is up to date

then Motherboard BIOS , as well as the Chipset drivers.

Will do. Thank you. I have also been on Windows 11 in the past. Downgraded because of this and nothing changed at all. It's really starting to bug me. Everything is up to date except bios.  I'm gonna try to Q-flash my BIOS up to date and see if that changes anything. If not, I think I'm gonna have to start my fight with Sapphire customer service. 

0 Likes

CPU temps are pretty low. I never go above 65 C on any component. I think the BIOS might have helped with a lot of the issues. Gonna see if it lasts.

I wonder if that RAM is compatible with your motherboard.  Is it listed on the motherboard's site as being compatible?  You should be able to run it at the full speed.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

I finally got it to run at full speed after updating the BIOS. I'm thinking that the BIOS was the stem of most of my problems. 

I thought that too, originally. But it was giving me the same issues no matter what environment. And, like I said above, no component ever went above 65 C. Not even once. The fans are all unobstructed and fine. I think going from F50 bios to F62, solved the problem. I haven't had any issues since. Not even the ones that I didn't think were connected to the GPU. Thank you for your reply! 

0 Likes