Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

blackhero
Journeyman III

Blackscreen after using AMD CleanUp Utility

Hello,

today I wanted to update my Radeon Software, my software was very old, so I had to use AMD CleanUp Utility,

After downloading, I started the Software and pressed yes on the Window "would you like to reboot and run in safe mode"

then the PC shut downed but didnt start correct, the monitor is only black, from start on!

Then I tried a CMOS Reset but after that the Boot LED on the Mainboard showed up, after I shutdownd the PC with the Powerbutton, the Boot LED doesnt show up anymore, but the Screen stays black!

What should I do now?

6 Replies
leyvin
Miniboss

The issue you're experiencing has nothing to do with your Drivers., or the AMD Clean Up Utility... 

In fact the only way I can think of that these could be related is IF you have Multiple Displays connected to your System.

Switching to the Microsoft Drivers., will default the System to only support 1 Display, which will be whatever Windows has determined as "Display 1" (which isn't always what you use as your Main Display).

Now the issue itself sounds as if it is something else if the Motherboard isn't initialising properly. 

I'd personally strip down the System into it's Components, Clean it Out then Re-Build it.

This should ensure everything is re-seated properly with good connections... as most of the time that can be the issue, something has been knocked loose.

Modern Motherboards don't come with Speakers very often now., so listening for the Post Bleeps to denote Errors becomes difficult without one; and while LED Indicators are better; again most Motherboards don't have them.

So tracking down and diagnosing Boot Problems becomes a case of Trial & Error regarding common solutions; which doesn't help if you don't have any extra components that you KNOW work to test against.

Still do a strip-down & rebuild... that will usually solve most issues. 

thatsme
Journeyman III

Hey I've had the same issue as you and know how to fix it 

first unplug your pc and press the power button a few times 

then then remove your graphics card and plug your hdmi cable into your mother board

now plug in your pc and turn on now its should be working but you cant have your graphics card plugged in 

they're is a way to fix this though watch this yt video How to enable Integrated Graphics with a Dedicated GPU ASUS Motherboard - YouTube  so you can have the graphics card installed and start the computer from there your should be able to reinstall the amd software

hope this solved your problem i had the same issue and know how annoying it is.

0 Likes

windows default drivers will activate when a vendor supplied driver is not present

if this is not working windows is likely corrupted

0 Likes
Efang30
Journeyman III

Did you ever find a solution? Cause I’m having this exact same problem 

0 Likes
Efang30
Journeyman III

Did you ever find a solution? Cause I’m having this exact problem.

0 Likes
sidd
Journeyman III

well well well.. there are two cases in here. I got same shht and end up buying another processor with i-gpu. So,plz don't use any tools if u really don't know all sorta things about it.

what happened? i am constantly getting black screen with my old dell monitor showing white light power button (which means pc is working and monitor is getting signal ) but there are no default display units (that's called microsoft display adapters=igpu)

Becoz as as soon as you enter in safe mode.. windows transfer  display rights from your dedicated gpu to default microsoft display adapters or your i-gpu. So, after pressing that darn 'yes' of safe mode option ur pc restart and 'you are stuck in black screen log in page' .And you cannot get out of it until you don't go and turn off safe mode in task manager nd then choose your dedicated gpu as display option in display manager but this is all pointless since you cannot see anything.

Those who have i-gpu processors can easily fix this by connecting their monitor cable to motherboard.

But those who don't have i-gpu processors(like mine i5-13400f)..first put 10 bucks more and buy that i-gpu processors if u are building pc..second,you need technician help for this if u don't want to spend much money.

what i did was bought 100 bucks i3-12100 and replace my 13400f ..connected my display plug to motherboard (before all this i un-mounted dedicated gpu from motherboard) and then their was i-gpu start to play it's role and so on..

Also,don't mess with bios clearing and all that like removing cmos battery or pressing power button 5 times . It won't help since your system will be stuck in "black screen bios option page", where u can't see anything.And since i messed up with bios by looking tons of videos in panic, my motherboard bios was luckily not corrupted,since it recognized new processor i3-12100.

If anyone finds better solution then plz inform so that i can use my i5-13400f processor:(

0 Likes