cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bryangoat
Adept I

Bad performance with 6600 and 5700x

Hello, im writing this post because im having troubles with my computer.
I have just build this pc like a week ago, the specs are : 
processor : R7 5700x
gc : rx 6600

mb : B550 ROG STRIX WIFI GAMING II

ram : corsair vengeance 8x2 ddr4

ssd : 1 to nvme crucial
+ 1 to hdd

and an MSI MAG a650bn bronze

i have a 240hz QWHD 2560x1440 monitor 

So, i command all of that from amazon, and i build the pc the same day when i received all of the compenents.

My friend have the same comps except of the proc he have a 5600g and the power he have a 850 and he play in 1080p

When i start the pc for the first time i got 0 problems with it, when i download all of the applications and the drivers my pc was lagging, i was having drop fps and like 200 fps in Valorant, and my friend asked me to play at BO3 to do the campaign so i start it and i put all the graphics like he did on his computer, and i got like 20 fps as he was having 100+ fps

so i knew that there was a problem, i decided to install windows again with a new fresh ISO so i deleted all on my ssd and hdd, and after installing only the drivers i download Valorant and it was better i didn't have drop fps and i had 300+ fps and 100+ fps on BO3, so all was good

but on the videos i was watching about this comp, theses guys were having like 400 - 500 fps on valorant with a r5 5600 and a 6600 so i tried to OC my comps and change settings in the bios and all the software from AMD,

and nothing went better and now i have the same problem as the beginning i have drop fps on valorant i reset all of the setting to when i was having 300+ fps and it do nothing, so idk if its a specs problem or just my windows who is broken or my powersuply wich is not powerfull enough.

i hope i would have an answer, i can give all informations you want to help me, i tried my best to explain.

0 Likes
1 Solution

thanks for your time, i will search about valorant issues. If i don't fix it i will install fresh OS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

@bryangoat wrote:

i decided to install windows again with a new fresh ISO so i deleted all on my ssd and hdd, and after installing only the drivers i download Valorant and it was better i didn't have drop fps and i had 300+ fps and 100+ fps on BO3, so all was good

but on the videos i was watching about this comp, theses guys were having like 400 - 500 fps on valorant with a r5 5600 and a 6600 so i tried to OC my comps and change settings in the bios and all the software from AMD, and nothing went better and now i have the same problem as the beginning

Go into BIOS and load optimized defaults to undo whatever you tried changing. Then do a fresh install of Windows if needed. Once you get it working correctly again, don't make changes without understanding what you're doing.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

I literaly watch hours of videos to be sure what i was doing,

i didn't change anything in the bios except of secure boot and my ram frequency,

in windows i change radeon settings to performance and put game mode on, with game capture off.

I was having bad performance, i checked in radeon software it was the radeon super resolution wich was giving me troubles.

sI found today that my windows was starting softwares first except of pilotes. i changed it to pilotes and it working good but not as excpected, so im pretty sure there is a problem with my pc. Went from a GTX 1650 SUPER and a 11400f to this build wich have the same performance, there is a problem.

0 Likes

There are too many variables and not enough information provided to determine what may be the problem, if any, with your system.

There are benchmarks you can run to compare your system to others with the same components. For example 3DMark, Cinebench, etc. This is a more accurate method rather than comparing game FPS to youtube videos.

Post your scores once you have them.

0 Likes

Yeah i didn't think to put the benchmark, my bad,

so there is the benchmark i did like 3 days ago when i was starting to have lags and drop fps,

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/68654957

and this is the benchmark i did 5 mins ago,

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/68672055

you can see that the benchmark say my pc work pretty well but when im in game on valorant i can't have 240+ fps with no lags, i don't understand why. thanks for your help.

0 Likes

According to those UserBenchmark runs your system is performing above average for your components. It does not seem there are any issues with Windows, the drivers or your hardware.

There may be tweaks specific to Valorant to get better in-game performance, when I search on Valorant FPS drops there are lots of matches, most of which are likely useless clickbait. I would suggest using the Valorant Forums to get tips specific to that game.

https://valorantforums.com/

0 Likes

thanks for your time, i will search about valorant issues. If i don't fix it i will install fresh OS.

0 Likes