cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

svtdoug
Journeyman III

Apps move after monitor off or sleep

I have been having issues every time I turn off my monitors or they go into sleep mode.  I normally leave my CPU running as I have several continues apps running.  When I turn the monitors back on, all open apps move to monitor 1.  But sometime they move to monitor 2, even if I have not turned it on.  How stupid.   I have tried several 3rd party apps, but nothing really works consistently to restore apps to their original monitor and position. 

I am running a Radeon RX580 card running 3 monitors.  Monitors 1 & 2 are ASUS PB238, and the 3rd a Toshiba HDMI 4K TV.  The 2 Asus are connected with Displayport.  The physical arrangement is 1, 3, 2.  I have tried to set the 4K TV as monitor #2, but Windows 10 refuses that arrangement.   I am running AMD 22.5.1.  The CPU is an AMD Phen II X6 1045T with 16GB of ram.   Windows 10 64b.

Are their any settings to disable this maddening behavior?

Thanks,

0 Likes
2 Replies
svtdoug
Journeyman III

Help please.  Anyone? 

0 Likes

Suggest you try asking on https://www.tenforums.com/

Or maybe their 'search' multi monitor will show similar issue posts, windows is supposed to remember which apps restart where they were moved and turned off from.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes