cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

monkk
Journeyman III

AMD stuttering issues , rendering issues etc!

When i download any drivers from amd and start playing games , all the games except very few stutters very much but as i play them for few minutes and then close the game and then again play the game ,the stutters reduces but still after playing the games for a while the games still stutters a bit.

When i got this pc all the games worked soo smoothly , no stutters at all but now in 2024 amd every driver causes stutters everytime i install them . i have tried almost every basic tricks like disabling mpo , ftpm , tried only drivers installation , tried minimal installation , tried full install of amd drivers , tried overclocking . undervolting gpu cpu and vram. but still stutters are there , there are no problems in the hardware everything works fine .

SO DOES ANYONE HAVE THESE TYPE OF ISSUES AND IF U KNOW HOW TO FIX THEM PLEASE HELP!

CURRENT SPECS :-

AMD 24.4.1 FULL INSTALL

GPU - 6600XT

CPU - 5600X 6 CORE PROCESSOR

32 GBS OF RAM

WINDOWS 11 PRO

PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE CAN!

THANK YOU

3 Replies
renankaic
Journeyman III

I have the same scenario here!

I've also tried a fresh install of Windows 10 in another NVMe partition that I have here, but no success tough.

In battefield 5, it runs smoothly above 110 fps, but then, for some reason, I can feel a stutter/lag and then the game continues.

The same occurs for Ghost of Tsushima - The game runs fine most of the time with more than 80 fps, but when walking, I can feel a stutter that happens when the game is loading something.

Borderlands 3 it's mess, unplaylable, even with the lowest settings it's insane the amount of lag that I have in this game.   I rage uninstalled it because it's a shame.

I spent all my weekend trying to solve... Cleaned up my pc, I checked the cables and connections, resetted bios config, reset video card settings, nothing solved the issue.

0 Likes
Leesa
Journeyman III

If you're experiencing persistent stuttering issues after installing AMD drivers on your system, despite trying various troubleshooting steps, there are a few more strategies you could consider. Firstly, ensure you perform a clean installation of the AMD drivers using tools like Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in Safe Mode to completely remove previous installations. It's also beneficial to optimize your Windows power settings to maintain consistent CPU and GPU performance, avoiding potential throttling that could cause stuttering during gameplay. Additionally, check for any BIOS updates for your motherboard as they often include improvements for system stability. Adjusting in-game graphics settings to lower levels can help alleviate strain on your system, and monitoring resource usage with tools like MSI Afterburner can pinpoint any performance bottlenecks. Taking these steps systematically can help identify and address the root cause of the stuttering problem with your AMD setup.

0 Likes

Lessa, good morning.

The link you provided redirected to another website without any step, just a nba 2k app.

My motherboard already has the last BIOS version 7B84vAJK with AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.B update.

I didn't try the steps you mentioned, but I installed a fresh new Windows 10 installation on another SSD that I have in my rig. I just installed AMD Adrenalin full drivers and tested two games (NFS Heat and Spider-man Remastered) just to ensure that no third-party software or cache or background app was running.

The result was the following:

* A lot of spikes on NFS Heat, unplayable.

* Spider man ran OK, but I could feel some  mini-lags/stutterring when "flying" through the city - it's intermitent and it happens suddenly.

My RIG:

B450M MSI PRO MAX M2, Ryzen 5 5600 PBO to 4,6GHz, 16GB DDR3 3200MHz RAM, PSU 850W XPG Kyber, RX 6600 Sapphire Pulse, SSD Sandisk 240GB SATA 3, SSD NVme Kingston SNV2S/1000G 

0 Likes