Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Alepodio
Journeyman III

Secondary Monitor Not Detected After Windows Boot with Radeon RX 570

Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing an issue with my dual monitor setup on Windows 10 using a Radeon RX 570 Series GPU. I have two identical 22" Samsung monitors, both connected via HDMI. The primary monitor is connected directly via HDMI, while the secondary monitor is connected through an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter.

Problem:

• When I boot up my computer, both monitors display the initial boot sequence (motherboard splash screen).
  • Once Windows 10 starts, only the primary monitor is detected and used. The secondary monitor is not detected at all.
  • I have updated to the latest AMD drivers (Adrenalin 2023 Edition) and the issue persists.
  • I previously had an older LG monitor as the secondary display, connected in the same way, and it worked perfectly.
  • During the AMD software reinstallation, both monitors were detected momentarily after a reboot, but the secondary monitor was not detected after the installation completed.

Steps I’ve Tried:

1. Checked physical connections: Ensured all cables are securely connected and tried swapping cables and adapters.
  2. Windows Display Settings: Attempted to detect the second monitor manually in Settings > System > Display.
  3. AMD Radeon Settings: Tried configuring multiple displays through the AMD Adrenalin software.
  4. Device Manager: Disabled and re-enabled the Radeon RX 570 in Device Manager, and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the GPU drivers.
  5. BIOS/UEFI Settings: Checked for any settings related to multiple monitors and ensured the integrated graphics are disabled.
  6. Safe Mode: Booted into Safe Mode to see if both monitors are detected.
  7. Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU): Used DDU to completely remove AMD drivers and performed a fresh installation.
  8. New User Profile: Created a new user profile in Windows to see if the issue is profile-specific.
  9. Different Adapters and Ports: Tested with different adapters and direct connections without using adapters where possible.

Despite these efforts, the secondary monitor still isn’t detected after Windows boots up. I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

0 Likes
0 Replies