cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

weewilly
Adept I

AMD Software Ramblings

if this type of stuff's been said before feel free to ignore, but it's been bothering me lately at how convoluted hardware manufacturer's helper applications have become, a quick tour of my current rig...asus motherboard so i am coaxed into installing armory crate, aura creator, ai suite, ai charger, turbo lan... along with a fleet of services to accompany them, my msi video card also must have his laundry list of bloat presented under the same shady umbrella application which has basically zero functionality unless i install an app/service for every single drop of utility...mystic lights...afterburner...ugh, my corsair case threatens to kick us ALL out unless i have icue handle everything rgb and fan related which the asus acquiesces to with a great deal of grumbling and the msi outright refuses to live in a world where its precious rgb lighting is controlled by any application with better functionality than mystic lights (this encompasses every application), thankfully i havent had a notification pop up from g.skill for its "memory commander royal gold edition" or god knows what it's called frankly im afraid to look at their site but fear i will have to because neither icue nor aura recognize its rgb's, and then we have amd's adrenaline which has me get ryzen master, some eyetracking app, and any niche "you will never use this" application their software department wasted their salaries on this week...but i see no way to update the bios on my radeon 6800 xt(which i HAD to do to use it), instead apparently streaming is very important to radeon users who have never heard of obs because that crap covers the "home" page which seems to have no way to customize, why cant they integrate this stuff together? okay...let's say i have a ryzen processor, adrenaline should advise me to install the 'ryzen master" PLUGIN which would add a tab to adrenaline and maybe i could even have a quick link on my home page if i chose to, the 5% of customers who stream should have to dig a little to set up their studio, i should'nt have to weave through all that nonsense to disable vsync or whatever, clean it the heck up! let us skin it! that overlay is sexy but it's basic af..and really heavy for the little it does...why cant it put my cpu clocks up there..voltages...etc etc?? why cant i control my fans from this app?? ugh...sorry i had to get this out, sorry

////current-rig:asusx570/5900x/msi6800xt////////
0 Likes
1 Solution

'Radeon Software Slimmer' ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

3 Replies

'Radeon Software Slimmer' ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

wow, amazing app, first amd card ive ever owned....last radeon was an ati, i remember the nvidia slimmer app (though it seemed unnecessary to me) had no idea there was one for this monstrosity (which most definitely needs it), thanks a ton brother, still grumbling...had to download that g.skill app like i suspected...got my new razer mouse/key (blackwidow v3 mini/basilisk ultimate) and now i have a total of 5 rgb apps (*in count von count voice* 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...5!! rgb applications ah-ah-ah-ah), madness is encroaching upon me, but thanks to you my adrenaline installation just got gutted of all bloat.

////current-rig:asusx570/5900x/msi6800xt////////
0 Likes

There are some 3rd party 'rgb apps.' that supposedly can control multiple components. 

0 Likes