cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rationalsystems
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Crashes when using Photogrammetry data processing, Pix4d and agisoft photoscan Software

I just got new system integrated to get my graphic data processing faster.  I use Pix4d and agisoft photoscan and Photogrammetry data processing, when running these applications the system crashes or restarts. It did not happen when using intel i7  with a lower configuration machine. 

My New System Configuration

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX  - (CPU)
AMD X399 Aorus Pro (Rev. 1.0) (Gigabyte) (compatible with threadripper) - (Motherboard)
Nvidia RTX 2080Ti Windforce OC 11GB (Gigabyte) : (GPU)
MasterCase H500P (Cooler Master PC CASE):
SMPS 1000W Cooler Master:- (Power Supply)
Master Liquid 240 CPU cooling: - (CPU cooling)
4 x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 3000 Memory (total 64GB) :- (RAM) (CMK16GX4M1D3000C16)
2 TB SSD WD Blue (SSD)
8 TB HDD WD Enterprise Hard Disk

0 Likes
1 Reply

Try disabling half the processor's cores in Ryzen Master (temporary for troubleshooting purposes) and see if those programs continue to crash. Some programs are not compatible in a processor running 32 cores.

EDIT: Took a look at your image zip file. The only one I felt that was important was the BSOD error for "Memory Management".

First is your RAM MEMORY listed for your Motherboard QVL List for ThreadRipper processors: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X399-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/support#support-doc 

Downloaded the RAM MEMORY QVL List for your motherboard from Gigabyte Support and there are no RAM (Corsair 3000 Mhz) listed that ends with C16 nor  1D in the part number. You will need to go to Corsair Website and find out if your RAM is compatible with your motherboard and Processor.

I have attached the RAM QVL List to this post since I needed to download it to look at it, if you are interested.

It could be your RAM MEMORY is not completely compatible with your motherboard and processor besides running 32 cores at the same time.

Try running, for troubleshooting purposes, before disabling half your processor cores with just One Stick of RAM MEMORY and see if your programs work or not.

0 Likes