Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sammyg
Adept II

AMD Rewards website

Hello,

Do I have to create a different kind of account to sign into AMD Rewards website? This account is separate from what I currently have here at AMD Community?

Also, if you could answer, will I be able to download any games directly from this website that I got an activation code for as part of buying an AMD product? Or will I be sent off to Steam or another website? In which case I might as well skip creating an account at the AMD Rewards website.

https://www.amdrewards.com/

What purpose does the AMD Rewards website serve? What do you do in there once you have an account? Can you play games in there?

Thanks y'all!

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I think that's for redeeming games offered thru some promos at retailers.

I got DOOM 2016 back then when I purchased my GPU. The store must say that very clearly when you purchase the item, then they will give you the code for a reward on that site.

The Englishman

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I think that's for redeeming games offered thru some promos at retailers.

I got DOOM 2016 back then when I purchased my GPU. The store must say that very clearly when you purchase the item, then they will give you the code for a reward on that site.

The Englishman
0 Likes
sammyg
Adept II

I made an account, and sure enough, there was not much going on on that site. Just a simple form for typing in your first name, last name, date of birth, country or location, and language. The first thing you see when you sign in is a prompt for typing in the game coupon code.

My coupon was expired. I didn't know there was a time limit on this, or that the time was so limited. Great! Now I have one more account and a set of credentials to worry about. Can't we have a single sign on for all of AMD?

Also, why does this site exist? Can't the coupon codes be activated via Steam or whatever platform is used for downloading the game? I can clearly see that there is a "CONNECT TO STEAM" button under My Account. Why go via a middle man like this website?

Update

(Adding an update rather than a reply, because of "flooding bla bla"! It's been well over 10 minutes, I'm still getting this error.)

It's not possible to delete the account. You can only request for it to be deactivated. Thankfully I made a burner.

2021-06-28-113355.png

0 Likes