cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Shame
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT Driver Crashes

With the latest driver for this graphics card, my computer crashes and then reboots into being a brick and must be forcibly shutdown to start functioning again. Occasionally the graphics card will be disabled entirely upon reboot. Event Viewer seems to suggest something to do with the graphics drivers which is version 'Adrenalin 24.8.1 2024-08-29'.

This crash only occurs during gameplay and varies in which game crashes, but it is typically a more demanding game where it crashes. It seems most consistent in World of Warcraft.

Unsure what kind of information would be relevant so I will just post stuff and hope it helps. This issue has been going on for around a month which seems to match the timing of the driver update I suppose. I've tried everything I can to try and resolve this issue but I just keep hitting a dead end. It briefly ran perfectly for about a week after resetting Windows. But it has started to have issues again since last night.

Something else to note is that there is no Bluescreen or Bluescreen errors. It just goes black, the audio buzzes and then the computer turns off after a few seconds whilst the second monitor goes green. It then restarts itself and boots successfully but there is no display. But I can still hear Windows get into the log in screen as it makes a sound and the keyboard still seems able to turn on numlock. It just seems like a graphics driver issue. The graphics card itself is new. In fact all of this hardware is new as the event viewer never spat out any errors for these crashes so I had to go around one by one eliminating possibilities until I finally got an error code last night for Graphics Card Drivers.

If anyone can help me... that would be great. I feel like I have been smacking my face against a brick wall for a month with this.

Windows 11 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.4169)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor, 3701Mhz, 12 Logical Processors

Motherboard - Gigabyte B550 GAMING X V2

RAM - Corsair 48GB DDR4

Windows Operating on Crucial BX500 SATA SSD 2TB

Additional Storage Device - Seagate ST2000DM008 Internal Hard Drive

Connected to Network via Ethernet - Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

PSU - TT Toughpower PF3 850w Platinum

1 Reply
Legion_SS
Journeyman III

Hello!

I have exactly the same or very similar problem with 7600 XT card (PowerColor Hellhound 7600XT). VGA is like new - purchased in middle of july, this year. Crashes occured instantly after i installed new card, but only in 2 relatively heawy game titles for this VGA class: EA WRC 23 and Ghost Of Tsushima. other games remain relatively playable. Thins getting much much worse with one of newest drivers  - 24.7.1 after renewing - only

a 2 titles is still able to start: Forza Horizon 5 and Starfield.

Symptoms are similar: on startup or during game: pc suddenly restarts or even is unable to restart. goes in black screen. No Blue Screen Of Death or Crash To Desktop!!! Only this type of crash.

Interesting is - thath my old VGA - Sapphire RX 580 8Gb Nitro+, despite lack of performance, was still able to start this heawy game titles without crashes.

Please, let me know - if You are able to find some workaround or fully resolve this problem.

Help would be appreciated.

system:

AMD Ryzen 1700 3.2Ghz

MSI Tomahawk Arctic B350

GSkill Flare for AMD 32GB 3200MHz

Zalman 750W PSU

Win 10 21H2 on Samsung EVO 980 nVME M.2