cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

aakalsdk
Journeyman III

AMD RADEON RX 7600 RYZEN 77700 PC turns off and restarts when gaming.

My PC keeps crashing when i start gaming and i have already updated BIOS and drivers and it keeps turning off, i have sent it to a local tech shop to see if they could find and fix the problem and no luck so far my pc specs are:

• AMD Ryzen 77700
  • B650M AORUS ELITE AX
  • DDR5 32 GBytes
  • AMD Radeon RX 7600

We have tried undervolting and got no result either.

3 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

You don't mention what PSU you have, but it might not be up to the task of running your system.  I would recommend a name-brand 750 Watt PSU with a gold or platinum rating as a minimum.  Power spikes are where the cheap PSUs fail, not being able to maintain the voltage levels during heavy loads.  That causes things like CPUs and GPUs to crash.  So first of all, tell us about all the components you have installed.

Second, try measuring CPU and GPU temperatures while idle and then when gaming, using the AMD Adrenalin software running in the background.  If you see the temperatures approaching more than 80 C, then you are probably crashing due to excessive heat levels.  You might not have adequate air flow through your case, or you are possibly over-clocking something.  But you do say you are trying the under-volting approach and it still happens; I still suspect the PSU.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I use a Cooler Master v650 PSU, i have already measured  my temperatures while gaming and they go about 40-56º it might be that it isn't up to the task so i am going to order a Seasonic 850 vertex. I was reading some forums and they said that switching to single rail was the solution but im not sure it is the case for me.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Let us know if that solves your problem.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".