cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ad4m
Journeyman III

AMD control panel

hello , I am using an old laptop with AMD mobility Radeon HD 5000 series , now the question is that i cannot find out how to access the AMD control panel ( to use configure switchable graphics ) , i can only use the intel control pannel . when i first got the laptop i was able to access the AMD one , can someone point me to where i can get it or if i am missing any drivers i am using windows 7 64bit my laptop is HP pavilion DV7

edit : i think the panel is called adrenalin ? but i cant seem to find the version needed to support my graphic card 

0 Likes
2 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

You may be missing the drivers for your AMD graphics card. You can go to the HP website and search for the specific model of your laptop (HP Pavilion DV7) and download the latest drivers for the graphics card. Make sure you select the correct operating system (Windows 7 64-bit) and download any drivers labelled as "graphics" or "video". Once the drivers have been downloaded and installed, restart your laptop and see if the AMD control panel becomes available. After downloading the drivers, you still can not find the AMD control panel; you can try downloading the latest drivers from the AMD website, then install them on your laptop to see if that resolves the issue. Please ensure you follow the instructions on installing the drivers properly.

0 Likes
vishvajit
Adept III

yes you can download the adrenalin software for your AMD HD 7500/7600 series graphics card. The AMD Adrenalin software is a suite of tools that allows you to configure and optimize your graphics settings, as well as monitor your graphics card's performance and temperatures.

once you download and install the software, you should be able to access the amd control panel and configure your switchable graphics settings

0 Likes