cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

chirohito
Journeyman III

Am5 motherboard red dram and cpu light after restart and no boot. Cold boot is normal.

I have ryzen 7 7800x3d, Asrock b650 pro rs motherboard and KINGSTON Fury Beast RGB KF564C32BBAK2-32 ram (QVL for my motherboard). I have the latest bios. My power supply is not the best quality, could it be the reason for this error? I know that it could be faulty cpu memory controller or the motherboard. I tried different RAM and the same thing happened so i think it's not the RAM. I also have trouble flashing same bios again, after it starts and the system has to reboot it just hangs and nothing happens, also i cant flash it using flashback method it also doesnt work and fails. Does someone have some idea? Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

I had a similar issue on my ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E board. Someone on this forum suggested booting with only one memory dim installed. If it appears to boot, let it be for a few minutes, power it down and add in the 2nd Dimm. Hopefully if it fails to post with one Dimm, then swap to the other Dimm as well, just to rule out it being one suspect Dimm.

The 650W PSU could be related to the issue. If you can source a 850W or better (assuming you have the funds) it will be worth trying. 

Also, I've also seen posts from others along the same lines and it turned out to be a faulty 7800X3D.  They replaced it and everything worked as expected. So if booting with one Dimm installed didn't work, then I suggest returning the CPU to the store you bought it from for a replacement. 

On my experience it is rarely the motherboard and ASRock boards in general are good as far as I know. 

Best of luck

Craig

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Mine does that also on occasion for up to 5-7 minutes, usually happens after not starting it for a couple days or after an update. It'll do that because it's memory training. Eventually, it boots, but you can try turning on memory context restore in the bios to skip the memory training. If left off, you get the long boots for a while until it gets itself figured out. I also get the red dram and cpu light, which would also happen after bios flash because it needs to train memory a bunch of times again.

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED