cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

corsair2
Journeyman III

Adrenalin Home page question

I have noticed this for some time now. I usually do a clean, factory reset, install of the latest Adrenalin software when I update my drivers. I have noticed that the Adrenalin Software Home page section changes a short time after the install and removes some of the sections.

Right after install picture...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArpXySjqs7lJj-Eb9ZrjMDz__ZvHWg?e=Xq4FvE

A week later...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArpXySjqs7lJj-FCPQ8gS0YK41bRzg?e=E4BZn0

These sections have gone missing: 'Driver & Software', 'AMD Link Status', and 'Medis Capture'.

The missing sections are not present in any other tab of the Adrenalin software. I'm not sure exactly when these sections get removed from the Home page.

I'm currently running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22621.963 and AMD Adrenalin 22.11.2 on a Radeon RX5300.

Comments??

Cheers.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I found a solution using gpedit.msc to modify this setting:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Manage updates offered from Windows Update>>>

Then: Double-click the 'Do not include drivers with Windows Updates' policy on your right. Select the 'Enabled' option. Hit Apply followed by OK.

The only problem I can see using this is that you'll have to pay attention to driver updates. Fortunately my Alienware Update program seems to be very useful in that regard and it doesn't bother the AMD drivers which I keep updated through Adrenaline.

So far, so good.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Check 'windows reliability history monitor' or 'windows update history' to see if MS replaced driver software with its version.

If it has, then look for guides on how to block the update from MS. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I found a solution using gpedit.msc to modify this setting:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Manage updates offered from Windows Update>>>

Then: Double-click the 'Do not include drivers with Windows Updates' policy on your right. Select the 'Enabled' option. Hit Apply followed by OK.

The only problem I can see using this is that you'll have to pay attention to driver updates. Fortunately my Alienware Update program seems to be very useful in that regard and it doesn't bother the AMD drivers which I keep updated through Adrenaline.

So far, so good.

Cheers.

0 Likes