Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Flamerox
Journeyman III

Build for 2 graphics cards

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and English isn't my first language, so sorry for any misspelling in advance ;).

I would like to ask for advise about building an entirely new setup with two AMD graphics cards. I already had bot MSI Radeon Rx 6900 XT 16 GB. I'm considering buying also Radeon RX 7900 xtx as primary card (or newer version, I can wait a little bit longer) and use rx 6900 as a suport card.

The monitor will be probably this one: LG 38WN95C-W 38" 21:9 UltraWide G-Sync/FreeSync QHD+ Curved IPS. For graphical more advanced games i will use Samsung 8k neo qled 65".

So my questions are:

1) What type of AMD Razen processor would be the best (with Dual graphics system)

2) What kind of mother board can I use for this build

3) Those this setup has sense for better performance in games and film editing?

Thanks for help

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi!

It would be a waste of money to be honest. Multi-GPU is essentially dead. Classic Crossfire (AMD pre-DX12 multi-GPU) support has been abandoned even before the 5700 XT was launched. There might be some very rare DX12 titles which support multiple GPUs, however the only one which I know of right now would be Civilization VI, it has native DirectX12 multi-GPU support which in fact worked very well back in Vega days.

If you really want to utilize both cards at the same time, you'll need a beefy PSU of good quality, I'd say 1200W at least, maybe even 1600W. But to be honest I'd just drop the idea altogether, back when the Vega 64 was launched, Crossfire was already quite an adventure and usually not really worth it, as it often introduced lags and microstuttering, which made games running worse even though the performance numbers were better.

0 Likes