cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

astrix_au
Elite

Re: Acer XF270HU Overdrive not working with freesync when using Displayport 1.2, HDMI 2.0 OD works

It only matters when there is fast movement. If there is only slow movement 10 ms might be enough but for very fast action ideal for 144hz you will notice it because the speed will create ghosting but if you look around slowly ghosting won't be visible.

Move your mouse as fast as possible left and right, without overdrive there will be white/grey ghosting making the image blurry and hard to make out, with overdrive on there will be a dark outline on objects which are dark so they are distinguishable in fast movement. In games like Fortnite and Battlefield you need the overdrive as it's a twitch style game and you need to be able to spot while moving very fast and overdrive enables you to see the outline of objects and otherwise they get lost in the ghosting blur.. At 144hz each frame takes approx 7ms so it's needed for the pixel transitions to be shown properly.

0 Likes
astrix_au
Elite

Re: Acer XF270HU Overdrive not working with freesync when using Displayport 1.2, HDMI 2.0 OD works

Yes it's the same pannel.

0 Likes
astrix_au
Elite

I believe it's the same panel as the original XF270HU as it's definitely using the M270DAN02.3

I think the XF270HUA  is using the M270DAN02.6 hence the 10bit at 120hz and lower, so I have been told but there is no way of knowing for sure without opening the panel.

0 Likes
Sleepy565
Journeyman III

Acer monitor Overdrive not working with freesync when using Displayport 1.2

Guys i Had the same problem on my Acer monitor 251KF 144 Hz  all You have to do is go to the settings button, then go to system, and change DP Format from 1.2 to 1.1 this Worked for me even though i'm using display port 1.2

0 Likes