cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

nollykol
Journeyman III

8845hs laptop now or wait for Strix point/Halo laptops?

I am looking for a balanced Laptop to bring to library with me and have it on the go. My budget is around 900 Euro. Currently I found Lenovo Ideapad 5 pro 14inch gen 9 with 8845hs, 32gb 6400ram, 84Wh, HDR500 2.8K OLED screen for 760 Euro with Student pricing.

I am looking for a good battery life with low fan noice/low temperature (basically low TDP) as priority, some light gaming as bonus (better or equal to steam deck level performance). I believe the cpu performance of 8845hs to be more than enough for all my needs, its the GPU that could be better. So in a way, I am looking for a laptop with the most efficient yet still performing GPU which would currently be 780m.

Now this is not an urgent purchase and I can afford to wait up for couple of months, maybe even a year. Would there be a new refresh of amd (Lenovo?) laptops soon? I am a bit unsure if I should pull the trigger for 8845hs now or wait for new ryzen processors with better iGPU at lower TDP.

I heard AI 300 chips perform a little better than 8845HS but have much lower TDP. Would it be reasonable to expect more AI 300 Laptops within couple months?

0 Likes
0 Replies