cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

chrids
Journeyman III

78003dx stuttering

Hey, just bought a new rig. My very first computer with amd processor and amd graphics.

The problem is that im getting stutter in every game i play. This is so weird. I got high FPS and all looks good in temps etc. Been upgrading bios, drivers etc etc.

But nothing seems to help. When i google this i find many threads with the same problem but no solutions. I plugged in a nvida card but no

difference with the stuttering issue. Does anyone got this issue or an idea how to fix this? Ive havent done any overclocking etc. Would be so grateful if someone

can help me out here.

CPU 78003dx

RX 7800XT Graphics

MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI

32GIG 5600MHZ memory.

3 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would get into the motherboard BIOS and look at the PCIe settings.  It should be set for PCIe 4.0 for the primary PCIe slot.  If it is not, then set it to PCIe 4.0, save and then boot into Windows to see if the stuttering has gone away.  If it was already set to PCIe 4.0, you can set it down to PCIe 3.0 and give that a try (go back to PCIe 4.0 if that doesn't change the stuttering issue).  Another area that has caused stuttering is with the fTPM settings, so check to see how you are configured for these security settings and maybe do a google search on what settings could be changed without causing the boot process to fail.  Lastly, look for a BIOS version update for your motherboard.  It could be that a newer BIOS version will fix the problem.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to give me some advice. Bios is running on the latest version but have tried "earlier" versions but same result. I did try turn PCIe down to 3.0 but doesnt change the stuttering sadly. I also turned on and off the fTPM but no differance there either.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Please read through this topic on this forum to see what worked and has not worked for others with the stuttering issues.  Lots of content so take your time and read it to the end.

I would next try turning off AMD EXPO in the BIOS and setting the RAM speed to a level slightly below what the RAM is rated at.  Maybe try 5400 MHz.  I would also try installing the graphics drivers without Adrenalin; I guess that's a minimal install?  I've never tried it myself.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes