cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Moeman1
Adept I

6700 XT Sold Out in seconds - Do you really believe AMD?

Do you really believe that AMD that created the ZEN 3 Architecture, would fail so miserably to control a sell out within minutes if not seconds of all their Graphics Cards and CPUs? Is this really true:

• AMD's top notch engineering good enough to leave Intel in the dust is unable to prevent bots from buying out their cards?
  • The larger market for their Desktop CPU and Graphics is Dell, HP, Lenovo, ASUS, etc. Don't even get me started on their Server CPUs. 
  • By comparison the enthusiast and pc builder at home market is negligible, probably less than 1% (ONE PERCENT). We are are just canon fodder for marketing. AMD or NVIDIA, they just use us enthusiasts for the marketing/hype to drive the mass market for above mentioned companies!!!
  • We help drive the sales/adoptions of their products, the enthusiasts and enthusiast reviewers like GamersNexus, JayZ2Cents, LTT, etc. are some big drivers.
  • So if you need the said products, alternative is just go buy a Dell or HP PC that has the CPU and Cards you are looking for and probably will work out cheaper. 

I'm still P!$$3D that this is the 3rd time I have failed to buy a card at launch - Ryzen 5000, Radeon 6800/6900 and now Radeon 6700!!

Moving on...

5 Replies
gen242
Adept III

Having bought exclusively AMD for home builds since the 90s I think I am not alone in having contributed in my small way to their continued existence. They create, they innovate and they ensure that the cpu world is not a monopoly. One might suggest that today they are more innovative than certain historical leaders of the field.

i also was an ATI adopter for their open CL support prior to its integration to team red.

the current market is a mess. The environmental nightmare that is crypto mining may well come back and bite the backside of companies who support it. 

AMD need’s it’s main revenue sources and the home builder isn’t it but let’s hope they don’t forget us. Selling unicorns will only last a certain time.

0 Likes

We had a poster from some european country..I forget which..who claimed the retailers in his country were keeping their inventory and selling it on Ebay for ridiculously high prices. And getting it.

Interesting. 
I think it might be some of the UK Etailers.
They have lists of GPUs but none at all available for sale.

There are plenty of RX6800XT available on Ebay for sale. 
Very high pricing though. 
I do not trust to purchase any AMD GPU from Ebay and second hand = no warranty for most.

SPAM 

Re: 6700 XT Sold Out in seconds - Do you really believe AMD?

Antivirus programs are designed to prevent, scan, detect and delete harmful infections from individual computers. While scanning is just the beginning of what antivirus can do, its basics revolve around protecting your system files and user data from unauthorized access and remote modifications. A premium antivirus not only detects & stops malware from entering into the systems files, but it also filters out spam, ads, and keyloggers on the internet. Visit here fo more interesting facts