cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Offtheglass
Journeyman III

2 Different Orders from AMD Direct Declined....Thoughts?

Hey to all,

I've been trying, like most users, to get a GPU (since about January)

Imagine my luck I was able to snag a 6800xt on March 11th. The order went through Paypal & Digital River. Cancellation email later in the afternoon...Oh well it happens I guess?

I was able to miraculously get another 6800xt yesterday on April 7th (again order went through Paypal & Digital River). Declined today again...Insult to injury, the email even came after the restock that happened at 12:40PM which I did not try since I didn't want to risk my cards being cancelled for multiple orders...

I just would like some experience with any who have had similar multiple cancellations, I've been ordering 1 card (it'd be my ONLY card), using Paypal, not using any kind of scripts, confirmed address on Paypal, confirmed credit card on Paypal.

Are the stars just not aligning for me...?

Would love to hear some opinions as to what I should do

0 Likes
4 Replies
ultra99
Adept II

Did you receive a confirmation email with order number and password?

0 Likes

Both times I received the PayPal notification that the money was withdrawn from the account (along with an order number). I have yet to see any password.

I was speaking to someone else who had his cancelled and for him the reason was stated clearly because he had ordered 2 GPUs to the same address. In my cancellation emails it never gave me any reason...

0 Likes
harley
Adept I

I've tried with Paypal linked to two different cards and both failed. Only able to get to the final captcha page when using either of the cards directly. And then those failed. Still have the 6800 XT in my cart mocking me.

0 Likes

I've been trying for over a month, what do you mean yours failed?

Generally you can still have it in your cart and when you hit "check out" if it sends you back to the product page it means they're out of stock...I actually was able to place 2 different orders (at different weeks) and even had my CC charged.

Been trying to find similar cases as mine but I really can't find any...

0 Likes