cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

salmir
Journeyman III

Здравствуйте, есть маленькая проблема, надеюсь на Вашу помощь. слетела ПО АМD, после повторной установки(через диск), при открытии меню пишет "BETA"-версия, почему?

Здравствуйте, есть маленькая проблема, надеюсь на Вашу помощь. слетела ПО АМD, после повторной установки(через диск), при открытии меню пишет "BETA"-версия, почему?

0 Likes
3 Replies

AMD post many BETA versions that yet haven't been verified by Microsoft to work in Windows. You can go to AMD Download page and input your GPU card to see what the last WHQL GPU Driver is listed from here: AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops .

There is nothing wrong with the BETA Drivers. They just haven't been verified by Microsoft yet.

By the way, This is an ENGLISH ONLY AMD FORUM, so please reply back in English.

0 Likes

the fact is that initially, before the Radeon Sapphire software flew off of this (beta), it did not happen. And when the update was installed the last 2-3 months, an error constantly occurred, the update was not fully installed, after which the software crashed. how can you help? Tell me please

0 Likes

You will need to perform a 'Clean Installation'

In order to do this, you will need to locate the AMD Installation Directory.

Typically this will be C:\AMD\[Driver Version]

Go into [Driver Version]\Bin64 … it really doesn't matter which, and run AMDCleanupUtility.exe

This will take a few minutes, then ask you to Reboot your Computer.

Once you do so, ALL AMD Related Drivers will have been Purged from Windows.

Delete the AMD Directory

Then you can go to the Driver area of the AMD Website, and Install the current "Recommended" (which should be Version 18.9.0)

That should resolve any issues you were having.

As a further note, if you're using an AMD Platform (i.e. Ryzen, FX, A-Series CPU) then I'd recommend installing the Chipset Drivers as well, as annoyingly this doesn't automatically happen with the AMD Installer as it ALWAYS defaults to Graphics Driver Installation.

In fact be sure when you install Chipset Drivers that you DO NOT click on "Recommended", but instead click on "Local" because otherwise it'll just install Graphics Drivers again.