cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Who's Excited for 7000 Series!

With Nvidia's big announcement today on the new 40 Series powerhouses, I'm really excited to see what AMD is bringing to the table. This competition in the GPU space is great. Can't wait to start seeing some real-world Benchmarks! Curious to know what some other people's thoughts are? Cheer all. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
19 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

We won't have to wait too much longer.

FdGac0jWQAIEG3N.jfif

In case anyone is not aware, they are making a big announcement on November 3rd, 2022

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I am planning to build a computer with the new CPU and GPU around the holiday time at the end of 2022.  That's one reason I gave away a gaming computer at my Labor Day Local Area Network (LAN) party recently.  I needed the space!

Now as for what Central Processing Unit (CPU) and what Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), I'm not sure yet.  I never buy a top of the line video card, generally because I'm not much of a gamer anyway.  I typically go for mid-level video cards; I currently have two 5700 XT and one 6700 XT video cards in several systems on my LAN.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I agree, I haven't gotten to the point of buying the top of the line (maybe one day) so the middle tier is where I really take note.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I am excited for the 7000 series. I'm very interested in seeing what the MCM chips do and what the raytracing performance improvement will look like. But after seeing Jacket Man Jensen announce those insane 40 series prices... I AM TERRIFIED with what the 7000 pricing might look like if it competes and/or beats the 40 series cards, lol. 

We need AMD to crush Nvidia with RDNA3 because Jacket Man has lost his mind.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

Ryzen & AMD have generally been great about pricing... generally. With the praise they have received "recently" about their pricing, I would be surprised if they pushed outside of that envelope.

----------
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I'm also very VERY curious with the MCM chips.
RDNA2 closed the gap, now its time to go beyond. 😄

I think Jacket Man should start snapping a barbecue grill to that 40series cards. They are real power hungry. The Oven is "last year news" now.
And that price, geeeeezz! He might as well as throw sweet bundle with the card... like 20pounds of barbecue meat.

johnnyenglish_0-1663708257761.png

The Englishman
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

After watching Nvidia's keynote, I am excited to see what AMD has in store for us. If they can match RT performance this generation, I will be extremely excited.

While my RX 6800 XT is barely over a year old, and I won't personally be able to justify purchasing the RDNA 3 GPUs, I love to see AMD and Nvidia pushing each other to innovate and develop better and more power efficient hardware.

I do wish we could get our hands on that demo of Lies of P to see what the framerate was and which RDNA 3 GPU was used. 

This new generation of GPUs seems to be a leap in technological advancement that I have never seen before in such a short time. 

Right now, I guess all we can do is be patient and wait to see what AMD has in store for us. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

My cousin just asked me if I was updating to the 7000 series and I told him I don't have any plans to do so. But if the high-end 7000 series comes with the god tier smoke, I just might have to bite. I doubt I will do it, but I won't completely rule it out. 

Also congrats to you @cpurpe91 and @BigAl01 on the promotions. 🤝

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

Thank you.  I hope I am worthy of the recognition.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Thanks my friend. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
Vynski
Exemplar

Oh Me, Me, Me.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
J20Joe
Adept III

I think AMD have a big opportunity to out play Nvidia if they shoot for affordable powerful cards, with Energy (in the UK) as expensive as it is, people wont look to run a 500W power hungry 4090 in their system.

A bit more competitive in the ray tracing dept and they have a big chance of blowing Nvidia out of the water/

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Gamers Nexus just posted a Video with AMD overclockers getting 6.45ghz all core on the new 7950x pulling a world record overclock and blowing the 12900k out of the water. Not really surprised though.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
red5
Miniboss

I just hope the supply at launch is sufficient. I think with everything going on in the world that demand will be a bit muted, but we'll see. I may take one of my liquid cooled 6900 XTs and use it in a Ryzen 7000 build if I can get everything I need right away. (cpu, mobo, ram)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Are you taking out a 2nd mortgage on your house?

lol, I do have a line of credit, but I don't really use it much.  I have a Newegg account that I've had for a while. It's pretty nice because anything over like $400 is automatically 12 months interest free.  Since I don't have a big car payment any more and am fairly debt-free I can afford to splurge.  I've already got a few $K wrapped up in my gaming setup rebuild. Haven't really kept track.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I might!! Just sold my house. Might just go be an idiot and go high end after everyone has released their hardware and benchmarks are in.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

But you have to buy another house, right?

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

@BigAl01 Nope, North America is getting a little too nutty for me. planning to relocate to Costa Rica within the year.

0 Likes