cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

ChiTownGamer
Adept II

What are the age ranges in this wonderful community?

At 59 years old I often think that I may be the oldest gamer in this community, and that the membership is heavily comprised of people in their late teens and early 20s!

Anyway, I would like to know how old are my fellow gamers here so please tell me your ages, thank you and happy gaming!

41 Solutions
ThreeDee
Paragon

53 years young 🤓

ThreeDee PC specs

View solution in original post

marinesquirel
Adept III

35 and a college student no less. 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Last time I checked the calendar, I was 63 years of age.  I've been retired since 55.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Excellent! You got me beat! 🙂

Being able to retire at age 55 requires planning and two incomes.  Many of our friends didn't save their money like we did, starting soon after our graduation from university.  Starting to put away money before you get used to having it is the key to obtaining your long-term goals. We have friends that are now approaching 70 and hoping they can retire soon.  Compounding interest / investing is the key to making enough early on to allow you to enjoy your golden years.  Or so I'm told.  🙂

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I appreciate your wisdom and helpful advice. I'm going to remind my young relatives of this information.

Same age as you and same age when I retired.

I'm busier now than I ever was before retirement.

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

35 and my knees crackle. But life's good. 😆

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

Key-J
Paragon

In my early 30s over here 🙂

This is so accurate:

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Axxemann
Forerunner

43 as of a couple weeks ago.

My nephew just turned 13. We're 30 years, 13 days apart.

Earlier this summer I introduced him to gaming the "Correct" way: with a mouse & keyboard on PC. He wasn't sure how to react to a mouse that tracks at 16000 DPI (20k max) and use WASD at the same time. He got really interested in doing a build with Uncle Grizz after I mentioned that yes, you can connect a console controller to a PC. Once I'm in a position to afford an AM5 build, he'll be inheriting a good chunk of the components from my current setup.

Performance over Pretty.

jamesc359
Forerunner

I'm 40 years young. Some days I feel like I'm 70, some days I feel like I'm 20 again. I don't know about anyone else, but I intend to play games so long as I can hold a controller in my hands.

gotgrant
Adept III

I am a 42 year old Gamer, Father of a Teenager and a 1 year old.... gotta love it..

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I have 20... on each leg. 😁

So its all good! Except my neck.. and my back... and maybe my knees.

But its all good. 🙂

The Englishman

Vynski
Exemplar

after looking at all of the posts, most of you except bigal01 can call me gramps.

turned 73 in July 2022.  46th anniversary on Sept 17, no regrets.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

I'm Level-51! 😁

By the way, Welcome to the Red Team Community! I'm sure you'll enjoy the discussions here, and I'm confident you'll find lots of new digital friends, starting with all the folks that responded to your question! 

Welcome! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

I'm with you! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Looks like the "introductions" went well @Axxemann 😁

WASD + KB & M are the only way to game in my book. And, it's probably just me, but playing FPS with a controller just doesn't feel natural. And, when not playing, I find myself placing my left-hand fingers on WASD more often than not, do you?

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Well, @Sam_AMD  it's kind of like this. I've been doing the WASD for so **bleep** long that I forgot how to type the "proper" way. And when I recently attempted to do it again (a typing course was obligatory for some training courses I took through the Worker's Compensation Board) my speed and accuracy tanked. When I typed the way I know how to type, I was hitting 80+ WPM with over 98% accuracy. Home Row? 20-25 WPM @ 30%.

And don't ask me to type on my smartphone... That's even worse when you have hands large enough to palm a basketball.

Performance over Pretty.

Vynski here.  

When you reach your 70's there are days when you might think your still 30 and your brain says you can do this then once you start you realize that your body says "NO YOU CAN'T".

Hey axxemann, how in the world do you have control of that mouse at that dpi setting.  I have an MSI DS 300 mouse with a max of 8200 and after reading your post I just had to try the 8200 dpi for curiosity sake.  I had to go back to 200o dpi so that I could control where the mouse was going.   I admire your talent to be able to control that thing.

😂 😂😂

Sam
Your biggest fan!

ChiTownGamer
Adept II

red5
Miniboss

49, I'll be 50 next June.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN

freakjap
Adept II

I just turned 49 in November, been gaming since the 1970s

Thanks and Happy belated Birthday! to you 

eebiii
Miniboss

Yellow-AP1
Adept II

Turned 70 this past August.  Started with an Atari 800 in the early 80's (still have it somewhere...) but finally got all the parts to complete a Lian Li Snow White mini AMD build, running a Ryzen 9 5900X with a Reference RX 6800XT.  Sweet!

TR2
Adept III

Well I am not much of a gamer unless building gaming PCs count and I do test a few now and then.  I have been doing that for a while. I will be 65 in Jan 2023.

MikeySCT
Challenger

I'm pushing 60 (will be 60 in February, next year) and through the years, I find myself gaming less and less, though I do believe for someone nearing 60, I'm still something of a gamer.  I'm retiring from upgrading my rigs as of my recent upgrades to two full AMD gaming rigs (5900X + X570 + 32GB RAM + RX 7900 XTX, and a 3900X + X570S + 32GB RAM + RX 6900 XT).

I figure I'd grow old together with my rigs, and push them as far as I can, after which, I'd prolly be contented with a regular APU powered HTPC as my eyesight would prolly be shot, and my interest in games has waned to nothingness. Even now, I find it hard to get excited about new games, though I've already bought The Calisto Protocol, and intend to get COD MW II when I get back in February.....anxious to see how well/badly the RX 7900 XTX would do in these AAA games.

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2

Anonymous
Not applicable

trickson
Adept II

Older than Jesus, younger than Methuselah. 

I love your reply, and I pray that age-related illnesses doesn't slow me down regarding gaming. That would be a major downer and a catastrophic loss!

emperor
Adept III

40-ish... soon to be 41 🙂

SubtleIQ
Adept III

51 This coming February.

Really crazy how many of us are in our 50's or older

Michael Alan Horton

Absolutely! We're young at heart and love to have fun so maybe that partly explains it. 😊

jej
Adept I

Don't say your retiring from upgrading or new builds YET!😀  

Going on 74 and just upgraded my Ryzen 7 2700 to a Ryzen 5 5600 yesterday.

ChiTownGamer
Adept II

You're 74? That's amazing!

0 Likes
62 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

50 years here.

trickson
Adept II

Older than Jesus, younger than Methuselah. 

emperor
Adept III

40-ish... soon to be 41 🙂

SubtleIQ
Adept III

51 This coming February.

Really crazy how many of us are in our 50's or older

Michael Alan Horton

Absolutely! We're young at heart and love to have fun so maybe that partly explains it. 😊

jej
Adept I

20 yo here!

ChiTownGamer
Adept II

You're 74? That's amazing!

0 Likes
ed6698
Adept II

56 years old, been working with computers as a hobby for 42 years, been building my own and family member computers for 30 years. 

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Ryzen 5950X - Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black - 32Gb GSkill DDR4 3800 - Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 - Samsung 980 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, Corsair Force GT - Super Flower 1000W Leadex SE Platinum

40!

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
Jayy_R7
Adept II

im 16

Gigabyte b550 Gaming x v2 - 5600X - 3200mhz Klevv rgb ram - AMD RX 6650XT - CRUCIAL P2 1TB SSD -CORSAIR TX550WM

alejito480
Adept II

23 years old, working on IT!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D |MSI X570 Unify| PowerColor Red Devil RX6750 XT | 32GB RAM 3200 Mhz
petosiris
Miniboss

Hi!

I'm 63 now, born in the late 50's.  Worked professionally with computers most of my adult life and of course played some games too.  I feel younger in my head than my body tells.

BTW, is there a "User Introductions" thread anywhere on the board?  I searched but didn't find any.  Maybe @Amber_AMD knows?

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

Sure;

1. Login
  2. Select COMMUNITIES
  3. Select REDTEAM
  4. Select COMMUNITY RESOURCES
  5. You should see a Meet The Team topic.  Select it and enter your bio.

@Vynski wrote:

5. You should see a Meet The Team topic.  Select it and enter your bio.

Thanks @Vynski, I saw that thread but when I read it there were presentations of the official staff, admins and such at the start of the thread so I thought it wasn't for ordinary members.  I'll have another look and see if anyone else has used the thread to post about themselves. 🙂

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

If you scroll down you should see mine on there.  Just use the same format as the others.

Hey @petosiris and @Vynski - I honestly really like the idea of a thread for people to introduce themselves. I could start an official one this week! 

As you mentioned, we have the official meet the team thread - but not a general welcome to the red team, introduce yourself post. 

Let me noodle on some fun questions to ask people and get some conversation started! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Sounds Great Amber.  I've been contemplating a selfie to post somewhere to let everyone finally see my face.  I enjoyed the Meet The Team post.  I think a lot of members got a kick out of my first job and wondered if if anyone really worked for $0.40/hr.  You must keep in mind that a 12 oz. Coke only cost a dime at our local grocer-general merchandise.

Dragokar
Miniboss

I am 43 right now, but I must admit I feel younger 🙂

It will catch up in a few more years, trust me. lol😂

I dont like that idea xD

blazer
Adept III

I am 62 right now, been building computers for myself and family members since the 266 era. 🤓

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

43 here! 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Karlroe
Adept I

I'm 56 probably like 70 physically but 16 mentally