cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Survey - tell us what you think!

Banner_for_RedTeam_Post.png

Hello, Red Team!

If you have a minute, @Sam_AMD and I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts with us about the AMD Red Team Community by taking a quick survey. Your input will help us as we continue to grow the community and improve your experience!

Red Team Survey

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
12 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

The Red Team Creators sounded catchy 😀

The Englishman

I can say that about overclocking team too.😗

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Just an FYI, the survey questions don't allow a 'not applicable' selection, like the one about attending gaming conventions.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Great catch! Thank you for letting us know, we'll be sure to include it in select questions of future surveys...
Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

I've always been intrigued by overclockers, and I know there are a few here in the Red Team Community. Based on the results of the survey, we may do something special for these talented folks too. We'll see! 😉

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Yup! We're considering doing "something" special for content creators. I can't wait to see the results... 😎

Sam
Your biggest fan!
Jaycee4
Journeyman III

I think you all are doing great. But you have do something crazy like all have got their boosted.   

0 Likes

Thank you @Jaycee4 ! 

Can you elaborate on your comment? ("something crazy like all have got their boosted") What do you have in mind? 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes
filinux
Elite

This is REALLY GOOD STUFF!!  Thanks for taking the time & effort to send out the survey!!

It is nice to have community moderators reaching out and giving us the opportunity (in a convenient way even!) to voice our interests  & ideas in what we would like to see here.  As others have stated I think a OC'ing area is a great idea and of interest to most PC gamers.  It has been a LONG time since I have had any kind of creation be fridge worthy but I would love to see all the great stuff the talented folks here can do AND how they do it as well.  

Thanks Ashley & Sam!!

Key-J
Paragon

Filled it out.

I'll be honest, I have always been afraid of overclocking. I know it's a generally "safe" practice to do so, but I just feel like I would do something wrong and break something. However, if I could have access to a community of tried and tested OCers - maybe that would put my mind at ease.

Excited to see what the Red Team Creators idea goes!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

@Key-J :  Overclocking used to be so much fun back in the earlier days of the Thunderbird (year 2000 time frame) and similar upgrades to that design (Athlon XP and Barton to name a few) over the next few years.  There were tricks you could employ to connect certain resistors on the top side of the CPU package with a pencil (the graphite was conductive) to enable the CPU to run at higher speeds.  I don't think I ever killed a CPU due to overclocking back then.  You could gain several hundred MHz with these tricks if you had sufficient cooling for the CPU, giving maybe a 10 to 20% performance increase.

With today's CPUs though, they are more limited in what can be pushed to increase performance.  Designs are optimized for the most part and performance increases are more modest (1-5% at best) without going to something like increased voltages, LN2 cooler and things of this nature.  The CPUs of today are more costly too, so you are putting more money at risk with a modern computer.  

I recommend you do not overclock your CPU nor your video card at this point, unless there is a known / documented and proven way to get at least 10% more performance without pushing the device to it's limits.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

@Key-J I've always been afraid of overclocking, too. xD Very relatable. 

Thanks for the info @BigAl01 - that makes me feel a bit better, like I'm not really missing out at the moment. Still, I can see the appeal of the challenge. 

The survey is now closed!

Thank you to everyone who completed it, your feedback is incredibly appreciated!

giphy

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •