cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January

Hey everyone, the January Sweepstakes is now closed and the winner will be contacted via PM and email. Be on the lookout for the February Sweepstakes thread, coming soon!

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
1,147 Replies
scottygamer
Journeyman III

This is my reply: I was a user of team blue for many years.... we know who they are. Three years ago I took a leap of faith and bought my first AMD CPU, a Ryzen 7 1700x.  Lets say I was not disappointed, and the dollar to performance for what I got in return was humbling. I have fonder eyes for team red.

0 Likes
Ayato_Zechs
Adept I

Love my all AMD system! Been playing Gears 5, Forza Horizon 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn. The 3900xt would be an awesome upgrade for my nephew's rig I built him 2 years ago!

Ryzen 5800X • PowerColor Liquid Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate • MSI X570 Ace • 32GB 3600Mt/s RAM
0 Likes
h2323
Adept I

Currently I'm running a 3700X, before that a 1800X, before that a FX8350. Today I am also running a 6700XT, before that 5700XT, before that a Vega 56 and before that a 390X. I enjoy upgrading parts and selling the used ones for a reasonable cost, just fun. Thank You!

3700X, Aorus X570 Pro WIFI, XFX MERC 6700XT, 32GB CL16 3600.
Tyrrano
Journeyman III

New to the site, but I'll try and boost my 'rank.'  Gotta say, I've been a fan of AMD since the Athlon days.  First PC I built was an AMD Athlon II chip.  Been building ever since.

Fus Ro D* Dang it, child, I'm trying to play. - Father of six.
0 Likes
despairing7702
Journeyman III

worth a shot

0 Likes
COLGeek
Journeyman III

Been an AMD user since using the venerable 386DX-40, back in the day. Rocking along with my Ryzen 9 5950X game rig now. Looking forward to securing a Radeon RX 6900 XT when prices come back down to Earth.

0 Likes
pcmr69420
Journeyman III

hoping to upgrade from a 3200g to a 3800x

0 Likes
wiredawg100
Adept I

Awesome AMD prize for some lucky person here...good luck all!!!!

0 Likes
Razyr
Adept I

Hello, I appreciate the opportunity and I absolutely love AMD products. I play Halo infinite competitively, and I would love this upgrade! 

0 Likes
semaphoreslim
Journeyman III

OK, coolness. Hello AMD folks.

I'll take time out from building EPYC-based servers to reply to this thread.

[big fan of those Supermicro EPYC boards. So are my customers]🤓

Haven't done a build-out on a Ryzen 9 machine yet. Sounds like fun, and if I win, a great excuse to do a test build. I have several customers who are avid PC gamers but who don't want to take the time to build-out their own rigs, so they pay me to do it.

Good gig if you can get it.

Anywhoo, would be a fun thing to do and I'm sure I could find a buyer.

Cheers, all.

0 Likes
bangemslim
Adept I

Hitting the reply is easier than making a PBJ!

0 Likes
hotwheeler69
Journeyman III

thanks

0 Likes
felixlucid
Adept I

Every since I got my hands on a Vega 64 a few years ago, I knew the days of having just one gfx card manufacturer to rely on were over. Thanks for changing the game :direct_hit:

0 Likes
TopAssassin26
Journeyman III

I'm currently playing halo infinite and demolishing the competition. just kidding 🙂 thanks for providing us a way to upgrade our PC free of charge.

Travmanman
Journeyman III

Thanks for the giveaway!

0 Likes
jorgitog1
Journeyman III

Great processors !!!!

0 Likes
decembersend
Journeyman III

Love team Red been using them since the Athlon 64 and have had almost every variation since.

0 Likes
samsbrown
Journeyman III

Sheesh

0 Likes
Jfraley
Journeyman III

Everyone doing good?

maxattaxam
Journeyman III

Hi,

Good luck to everyone participating!

Salmanansari
Adept I

I want to free gift.

0 Likes
TSTsankov
Adept I

Build my PC first PC with a Ryzen 7 3700, to train cs1.6 surf bots, using Unity & reinforcement learning, and loved pushing the processor to its limits ❤️
0 Likes
pyr02k1
Journeyman III

I could definitely use a new processor. Bunch of old AMD, Intel i5, i7 and a couple of Xeons floating in there, but nothing Ryzen or even in that timeframe since the 1xxx series came out

furrepanther
Adept I

I am so impressed with AMD processors!!!  My current rig is a mini-PC sporting a Ryzen 9 4900H and I couldn't be happier.

SAMSAMHA
Journeyman III

Happy 2022!

Nice upgrade to my aging system if I am ever so lucky

archtsean
Journeyman III

Recently I've been playing a lot of Madden and CS:GO because it makes me nostalgic for when I was in college and CS rules the world.

blazer
Adept III

Kool.

0 Likes
tredeuce
Adept III

Ryzen products are my favorite, and the game I am playing the most is Elder Scrolls Online.

0 Likes
MentalOctopus
Journeyman III

Hello! I would love to win the AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor as I have been playing Battlefield 2042 lately and also use my computer for work in photo and video editing.  Thank you!  Team Red sine Athlon was the big thing!

0 Likes
FeralGangrel
Journeyman III

Only recently found out about the give aways. Won't get it due to just starting an account. But hey, I'll just tryhlater on. would be a kicken upgrade over my 1600 though.   

0 Likes
Afjal
Journeyman III

I like AMD products though I never used that before. I would like to build a PC with an AMD processor and graphics card in future. 

0 Likes
DeadalusE641
Journeyman III

Currently running a Ryzen 5 1600 on a MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MB with 48 GB RAM.  A  Ryzen 9 3900XT processor would be a sweet upgrade!

More cores less wait on video processing, that would be sweet. 🤗

0 Likes
brian2090
Journeyman III

Hoping that luck brings me the 3900XT processor upgrade... Ryzen 5 1600 is getting outdated sadly.

0 Likes
scorpion
Journeyman III

Hi, my favourite product is the RX5700 XTI

t's been great for me, no issues!

Currently, I am playing Forza (PC), Apex (PC), Civ 6 (PC), Yu Gi Oh (PC/PS5), NBA2K20 (PS5), and Battlefield 2042 (PS5).

dnehiba3
Adept II

What’s the best motherboard for this chip?

0 Likes
kkane510
Journeyman III

In my last build I used an AMD processor for the first time.  I love it!  Performance to price cannot be beat!

0 Likes
CrazyBeard
Journeyman III

Thank you for another giveaway!

KillyMcFletch
Journeyman III

Loving Valhiem these days. Also outriders since the fixed it with the patch!

Xzeneren
Journeyman III

"You don't understand sir, I want it more sir."