cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January

Hey everyone, the January Sweepstakes is now closed and the winner will be contacted via PM and email. Be on the lookout for the February Sweepstakes thread, coming soon!

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
1,147 Replies

This would surely outperform my old Intel CPU. And it would be a good match for my 6700xt!

0 Likes

I don’t know what level I am but I guess this is a start lol 

Cynar-Steve
0 Likes
elliot_the_drew
Journeyman III

My current favorite components would definitely be your processors, although I have been watching the improvement on each iteration of video cards ya’ll release!

AMD first got me into the world of computer building, I still remember my first computer I built with my mentor. It was an FX-4300 with a Radeon HD 7770. It wasn’t the best, but it worked fine for me! I later upgraded to a FX-9590 and learned about the important of power draw! You guys are great and seeing how each year your product line improves and your profitability goes up makes me happy because everyone there deserves it. 

fs3iii
Journeyman III

I need a serious PC upgrade!

jamesp185
Adept II

We are a hard-core AMD household. Hoping for the opportunity to win new hardware for upgrades!

fs3iii
Journeyman III

My first computer purchase and introduction to computing was a Windows 98 PC with an AMD processor, way back when!

zoonalzoon
Journeyman III

Hello 🙂 I would love to win this! I am currently playing FIFA21 and want to upgrade to FIFA22 but processor is not good enough 😞

dzimmerm
Adept I

Hello, 

I have been an AMD processor using person for a very long time. I build my own computers, when I can afford the parts, and the best AMD processor I can afford is what I install. 

I currently have 3 machines with AMD processors installed, though I am only using two at the moment. The other is an older machine mothballed for archive purposes. 

My main workstation uses a Ryzen 5 1600+ processor with 32 Gig of memory installed. It is running on a AB350 Pro4 motherboard. I use opensuse and just updated to LEAP 15.3 from 15.2. 

My Wife's machine uses a Ryzen 3 2200G with 16 Gig of memory installed. She runs Windows on her machine. She uses the built in graphics capability of the CPU/GPU Ryzen

I have your competitor's video card, (smile), though I would be happy to upgrade to an AMD video card when I can afford it. 

I mostly play minecraft, now a days, but have played the half life series until Valve's decision to end, or is it just suspend, the half life game story line. I also very occasionally go into second life's virtual world and also play Vendetta! Online when I get in the mood for space adventure. 

I also run VMware's virtual machine software for when I have to run Windows as a virtual machine for tasks that only Windows software is available for. 

I originally chose AMD because I wanted to support competition to Intel. I used to use Cyrix processors, (yes, I am an older geek),  when they first came out as competition to Intel and then switched to AMD when they got involved in the CPU business. Now I choose AMD as my processor of choice as they consistently deliver affordable processors that work great.  

I look forward to participating in the monthly sweepstakes and thanks for the chance at winning awesome AMD gear. 

If life is a game what epic battle will you choose?
infotree
Adept I

My favourite AMD part within my PC is the CPU, a Ryzen 7 5800X cooled by a Noctua NH-D15, followed by my Radeon RX 590 Nitro + which is still hanging in there some how.  For me, MSFS 2020 had a noticeable improvement from a Ryzen 7 2700x to the 5800X.  

MSFS 2020 (every day) Chernobylite, Black Mesa, Alien Isolation been my playing partners lately.

Cheers, Todd 

gandulf
Journeyman III

AMD is my choice of processers for gaming and graphics.

TomVinMurTX
Adept I

I've been using AMD since your 80C87 math co-proc for the 286. Never been disappointed and saved a bunch of dollars over the years

mleichty11
Journeyman III

Hi.

spacklewoof
Journeyman III

FTW!

gefranks
Journeyman III

I built my first PC going into 9th grade with a Ryzen 5 1600 and an Rx 580. I am planning on building a new computer as I am heading away for college this summer. This would give me a huge headstart and it will be put to lots of games, rendering, and school work. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou take care

ajlueke
Grandmaster

Hello!

My primary gaming system currently is a custom EKWB cooled system sporting an AMD Ryzen 9 5950X and an NVidia RTX 3090 (the only GPU I was able to find at MSRP in 2020).  Currently playing God of War 2018 on PC.

I have only built my own custom PCs using AMD processors, which I believe began in 2005 with an Athlon X2 4200.

I do have older systems for my family that could use an update with a Ryzen 9 3900XT processor.

evissam
Adept I

20+ year AMD user and ATI user. Nice to see that AMD now has CPUs and GPUs that are comparable, or beat the competition.

Cortello
Adept I

hi AMD

sagemine
Adept I

Awesome!

mercurious1
Journeyman III

I'm in.  Absolutely love my 1800X but it is time to upgrade.

Bagleman
Journeyman III

I'm not a high enough level to get in on this, but hopefully whoever wins it has an old 1700 or 1800x and can just swap it into their old motherboard.

tbrock1337
Journeyman III

Hi, there!  I love AMD products and the company inspires me with their innovation and growth in recent years.  Lately, when I am not playing Rocket League, I have been trying to learn how to play Suebia in Total War: Rome II.

ggriffinz
Adept I

Hi everyone,

I am currently replaying dying light atm to prepare for the upcoming dying light 2. Good luck to everyone on the giveaway!

Lordmartin93
Journeyman III

Hi, im new here ^^

I'm new here too! Good luck on the giveaway, IIRC you have to comment on posts more in order to level up your profile so you can qualify. I could be mistaken though. 🙂

SonicBoomer

I have been on AMD rigs since the 8086 days. I do wish I kept my first machine.

Hey, how about this should only be open to users that have a compatible motherboard, not the trolls looking for quick resale money.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Nice setup 

Let’s Go RED
0 Likes

Hi!

Wishing everyone at AMD and in the AMD community a Happy New Year!

I love my RX 590, my AMD CPU, and all the freedom it gives me.

I've been playing a lot of Dragonball Xenoverse 2 lately, just the mood I've been in. 😛

Wish you all good luck in the giveaway, and wishing you all well in general. 🙂

SonicBoomer
Techinfo123
Journeyman III

Yes its right Amd processor is very smooth best in these days amd is ahead with intel 

Kyuchaku
Adept I

Hello there,

Well my first AMD product and current processor is a Ryzen 5 2600, which has been excellent since the first time I turned my PC on, so as you could imagine processors are my favorite AMD products. 99.5% my next processor is going to be from AMD.

My first amd cpu is the amd ryzen 5 3600 with a rx560 series gpu & i love it how fast everything is you notice a huge difference from going from a single core processor to dual to quad cores to 6 cores what a big difference from the 80's to 2022 great job amd! 

0 Likes
Foxy_Ramirez
Journeyman III

I just got my hands on a 6800 Asus TUF edition GPU and boy does this thing fly. What an insane leap of technology in only a single generation. My previous GPU was the RX 5800, and the difference here is incredible. I can't get enough. 

headgeekneo
Adept I

I love the Ryzen 9 CPU - even after owning it for 2 years I still have the fastest system on the block.  Lately you will find me slugging it out in Warframe or Rogue Company!

IcySilicon
Adept I

Been a happy customer since the phenom days.

go team red!

Although I would prefer my cpu to have a igpu, especially these days, those extra core are always nice to have for the games that uses them.

0 Likes
GruffLeopard63
Journeyman III

Hello!

I love AMD and they make fantastic chips!

0 Likes
dj4aces
Adept II

One game I can't get enough of is Valheim. It's a beautiful game, includes a couple of my favorite things (Viking culture, Norse mythology), and you can build a ton of amazing things.

0 Likes
rkramsdell
Adept I

Sounds like an awesome contest.  Best of luck to all.

krakien
Adept II

Hope To win that CPU to upgrade my 3600 cpu

Been using AMD Ryzen CPUs and GPUs since 1000 series came out. Currently using the Ryzen 3600 and 6700xt. Am loving the 6700xt, as its 12gb Vram  is capable of running many applications and VMs without hiccups.

Lastly, the B450 board support has allowed me to upgrade CPUs without changing boards for years.

Kpma
Journeyman III

0 Likes

I love my AMD CPU, been having fun recently on some PUBG, Siege, Super People, among others, handles well too great power from my AMD powered PC.