cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January

Hey everyone, the January Sweepstakes is now closed and the winner will be contacted via PM and email. Be on the lookout for the February Sweepstakes thread, coming soon!

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
1,147 Replies
dweith
Journeyman III

A new year, and some good news!

We all love to win some new computer parts.

Hover_Things
Journeyman III

yes

AMD!

PimpFranklin
Journeyman III

One day i hope to pair this processor with the xfx speedster merc 319 6900xt. Crypto have mercy pls

Sathi
Journeyman III

This would be such a great opportunity if I can win this cpu because it would be such a huge upgrade in my pc

jayandthegames
Journeyman III

nice to see this. currently I'm using a Ryzen 7 2700 with a Radeon RX 580. and it's so nice to have it in the same ecosystem for maintenance convivence. 

Robbert
Adept III

Currently I'm playing Diablo 3, the new season (25) is great. Also, I reset my Red Dead Redemption 2 campaign the other day to do it all over again. (it's been at least 2 years since I played it last)

atarionnhe
Adept I

I've been buying AMD CPU's since my DX4-100 and GPU's since my Rage Fury Maxx.  AC Valhalla is taking up my time right now.  Thanks for the opportunity to win this CPU.

KapBeero
Journeyman III

Hi you guys! I'm excited about this sweepstakes. for a long time i have been trying to build me a new PC aand its just been hard, but this is awesome here!!! Good luck to all of you out there!!

Moug7
Journeyman III

• Would love to win 
wamerd
Journeyman III

Trying out my new 5700G. Working great so far!

suplantor
Journeyman III

Go Team Red!

mrsmooth0711
Adept II

Hi! I'm currently running a R5 3600 and my son is running an R5 5600G and we have been playing Lego DC Super Villains lately and have 6 more missions to complete it and it will be my sons first completed game. Thanks for the opportunity! Stay Safe!  

saiga
Adept I

I'm looking forward to getting the 5800X3D but I'm running the Ryzen 3900X and Radeon 6900XT right now. Playing Red Dead 2 and lovin it.

filinux
Elite

Talk about starting off right!!  A chance to win a NICE CPU from AMD, catching up with the AMD community  & happenings, and knowing some lucky winner is going to be number crunching & game crushing  with that 3900XT makes a great start to the new year!!  

I have just completed (OK, its never actually done for a PC Junkie / tinkerer like myself 🙂 my new build on a Aorus X570S with a AMD 5900X and it is AMAZING!!  Not to sound like a commercial but it does power through heavy work FAST and keeps every game I play fluid, fast, and F U N!!  Love Precision Boost Optimizer 2 & the new options it brings.  Despite reading many posts about high temps mine  have been a LOT lower then I expected while hitting great clock speeds.  

A new complete build had been planned and unfortunately canceled over the years more times then I like to remember.  Like they say life happens and to me my family & friends come first above all. Now every time I start it up, or play a game, I think "WOW!"   That said I have a very, VERY large back list of games to catch up on.  A couple of the games I have really enjoyed "Catching up on" is Control, Metro Exodus, Halo Infinite, and Doom Eternal.  Wow!  Doom Eternal's speed, graphics, and play style really amazes me.  Reminds me of when I was equally amazed by the game on a 3.5 inch floppy from my local PC store which was the first DooM shareware/demo released.  

Happy New Year Everyone!!  Good luck to all, not just in this contest, but in all you do ALL YEAR LONG!!  

Thadris
Journeyman III

currently flying the skies in Microsoft Flight Simulator

Greetings fellows,

When it comes to my favorite AMD product, I will say it's the Ryzen 7 3700X. This is my first CPU that made my first ever computer build possible and still with me one year later keeping company during this journey!!! Really love AMD and their products and will always use their processors on every computer that I get to build. 

Kombat_TTV
Journeyman III

Hello, 
the AMD product are really reliable, I’ve put my product through harsh over clocking but still works great and with that said I was doing it smart but still love the reliability of amd products 

phrostbyte
Adept I

Sounds good but I can't find the rankings.. Is journeyman higher than novice? lol

I could not find the information on the different levels either.  Truth told I only spent a few moments looking though.

I would guess Journeyman is definitely higher.  If someone was providing a service for me "Don't worry, I am a Journeyman." sounds a lot more reassuring then "Don't worry, I am a novice."!

Have a great day!!

zecableguy
Adept II

Been running an r5 2600 for while, but I'm willing to upgrade

DarkSeeker
Journeyman III

I’ve been a loyal AMD user for over 2 decades with almost all of my builds using various generations of AMD processors starting from the 80386 era.  Thanks for AMD’s renovation through out these years and congratulations on the latest achievement with the Ryzen generations of processors!  Way to go AMD!

Sv3n
Journeyman III

Thanks for holding these sweepstakes!

It sounds like 2022 will be an exciting year for all of us that love AMD's CPUs & GPUs!!

kracker
Adept II

Love the competition - I have an RX570 with a 8 or so year old intel CPU - would love an upgrade, thanks for doing this!

JordonAM
Adept I

I would love to see how well a 3900XT runs. I've been on a 3700X for a while and would love the extra 4 cores

JordonAM
Fraktal1
Adept I

My favorite amd products have to be the ryzen series and the rx 500 series specifically the rx 580 due to the power it has for the low price of 220 at the time.

I play all games from Fortnite to Warzone, Gta v, to Fivem, and Forza 5 to Need for speed heat, as well as doing coding and working with Pi and Arduino on the side.

murf
Adept I

My current hardware is:

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W 

And

Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E    

It's over 5 years old and pretty dated.

I could really use some new parts to start a new build.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 2042.  It struggles a little, but I am able to play the 64 player modes.  The 128 player modes are unplayable it stutters so bad. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, GPU: ASRock AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Motherboard: ASRock X570S PG RIPTIDE, Headphones:
Turtle Beach Recon 500, Mouse: Razer Basilisk Essential,
dannyridel
Journeyman III

Euro Truck Sim 2 and F1 2021, also I casually play WoWS and Asphalt 9.

I own a 3800xt 🙂 got it for a really sweet deal last january.

vertabre
Journeyman III

Just excited about all the new CES stuff coming soon.

noblekouta
Adept I

Love messing with the overclocks for all my friend's Ryzen processors and my own. Worked with 2700, 3600x, 3700x, 5600x and 5900x all with there own personalities and always fun.

Mischief4
Journeyman III

Hello been a Amd enthusiast since 2002 would love to get that 3900XT to mate with my 5700xt or my 6600xt system's

WAITDONTSHOOT
Journeyman III

i love amd havent been able to find one of your cards anywhere maybe this is where ill get one 😉

Holtzey
Adept I

Can't wait to win something from Team RED!

DiabloMonk
Adept II

I'm hoping to win a CPU for my son's first build.

glhf

tenzo23
Elite

@Ashley_AMD wrote:

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

I'm still new but I just got Journeyman III and Adept I! I hope this is equal to or better than Novice III. I cannot find the rankings.

/sig Fun guy.
mygard
Adept I

Good luck to all, and thank you AMD for a chance to win a Ryzen 9.

tinyvalenz
tfortroi
Journeyman III

Let's go #TeamRed !!!

masta680
Journeyman III

chefred58
Adept I

Happy New Year everyone...Chef needs a new(er) processor to replace my Ryzen 5 1600 it's chugging along but I'd like more power...

fflenny
Adept I

Hey everyone! Been using only AMD desktop CPUs all the way back to the 386SX around 1991 (if memory serves). Currently running a Ryzen 1700X for the past 5 years.  A 3900X would be a nice upgrade indeed 😍 Thanks AMD for continuing to support the community!