cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

DeltaMike_DCS
Journeyman III

Preview Driver

Had a chance to take the preview driver for a spin in VR yesterday.  Shout out to the developers, it's FANTASTIC. 

I'm mostly playing DCS World in VR, using a Reverb G2, which is very demanding on a GPU.  6900XT comports itself very well in that game to begin with; in a head-to-head trial I was able to document at least 10% improvement in GPU time with the preview driver. 

That was probably too easy a test; moving over to a more complex environment -- lots of static objects, lots of textures -- I noted a dramatic increase in frame rates, I was blown away.

Unfortunately a windows upgrade broke it, causing black screen in Reverb G2, so I had to roll back to the most recent stable release.

Still, I'm impressed, to say the least.  I'm excited for future releases.  Know that your hard work is greatly appreciated.  

4 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Can't wait to check it out when I get a Radeon GPU

@blazek  Which AMD GPU are you looking to grab?

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

Saving up to eventually get a 6950, unless RDNA 3 GPUs release before then.

0 Likes

@blazek Oh yeah, I'd definitely tell you to hold onto that money for RDNA3. At worst, if RDNA3 is sold out or out of your price range, you'll probably be able to get a sweeter deal on a 6950 XT down the line.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)