cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

PAX East 2022!

PAX East is just around the corner on April 21st-24th and WE'LL BE THERE! Well, @Sam_AMD will be there. 😁 I'll be there in spirit. 😉 You can find more information about the event by clicking here, including the location of the AMD booth and some of the fun stuff you can expect to see!

Anyone have plans to go this year? If you do, let us know and be sure to stop by and say hi! 😀 If you aren't going, that's okay - you can hang out with me and the other cool kids here. 😎

Since we're on the topic...have you gone to any PAX events in the past? If so, what was your favorite part about it? For me, it was pure joy to be around so many people involved with gaming, as a hobby and professionally. Just the best feeling.

I may not be able to attend this year, but I've had a lot of fun going in the past! Sharing some pictures from my very first time going (and my first time in Boston!). Fun fact: after visiting Boston for PAX East in 2018, I ended up moving from TX to MA and lived there for a couple of years. 

If you have any photos or memories from PAX in years past, please share! 👀

IMG_20180406_123552_70.jpgPAX East 2018!!

IMG_20180407_191053.jpgCheck out the squirrel trying to steal our pizza. Bold little dude! This was taken in Boston Common - great park!

MVIMG_20180407_164344.jpgOf course I had to get lobstah on my first ever trip to Massachusetts...

MVIMG_20180407_163111_70.jpg

...but fried clams are where it's at. 😍

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
5 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

Have a great time Sam! You will have to post lots of pictures so we can live vicariously through you! 

I've always wanted to go to a big Gaming/Tech/Comic convention, but have never had the opportunity to just yet. It's absolutely one of my bucket list items, so I'll have to make it a reality sometime soon.

I know we have some smaller ones here in Canada, so perhaps that's where I'll need to start.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

You got it. I will take lots of pictures and share them with you all. I'm also plotting something special for the Red Team Community, you! 

What are some of the events you're referring to? CNE? What else?

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Honestly, I'm not picky, I would love to go to any conference. Ones that come to mind would be E3, GamesCom, PAX, SDComicCon, BlizzCon.

Since I'm from British Columbia, probably the best choices I would have would be something like VancouverFanExpo or the CalgaryExpo.

However, next year they are running a "Games Con Canada" in Calgary, so that one might be one to try and see.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Thank you @Key-J 

I've copied and pasted your reply onto my To-Do list. And will get ready to pester my management team 😅

Sam
Your biggest fan!
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

I can't wait! It's been years since I've attended a gaming event. The last one was the first PAX South - lots of fun, lots of work, and lots of great cosplayers:

PAX South COSPLAY.JPG PAXSouthCOSPLAY.JPG PAX_South_COS_PLay.JPG
PAX_South_COSPLAY.JPG PAX South_COSPLAY.JPG PAXSouthCosplayer.JPG

And we had a great time meeting folks, demoing our products, and doing raffles!

PAX South Masses.JPG PAX South Ruby.JPG PAX South_Raffle_XFX_295X2_GPU.jpg

Good times! 

I'm excited we're returning to PAX, I never been in Boston, and just can't wait to get there. @Ashley_AMD that lobster looks tasty! And I hear pizza is a must-have! 

Yes, if any of you are in Boston, do come by to say hello! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!