cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

whisky4
Journeyman III

Re: Is anyone having Black Screens and stutters with the new Radeon 2020 driver package?

Hi

I'm facing the same problem too Black-  screen, screen shuttering and mouse pointer lag. Games are running fine for the moment. But some times PUBG crashes. I'm facing a new error now - BSOD. I tried rolling back to 19.12.1, even then I faced the above problems. I tried the "factory reset" (given while install the software), same problems. My PC is hardly a week old. 

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600X

Ram - 16GB

GRAPHICS - GIGABYTE RX 5700 XT

PSU - GIGABYTE 750W

0 Likes
pixiedust1975
Adept I

Re: Is anyone having Black Screens and stutters with the new Radeon 2020 driver package?

Have you tried the recommended method if you get any issues with AMD drivers???
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 
AMD clean utility!!!

I like to do this when there is a major update as it strips the AMD settings and drivers out then just add fresh ones. It seems to work for me so give it a try!!!

colesdav
MVP

AMD clean utility is what runs when you select "Clean Install" option on the driver anyhow.
Go look under: C:\AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-19.12.2-Dec10\Bin64
pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
jamesc359
Miniboss

I've reverted back to 19.11.x. I haven't had any issue with FreeSync since. I really loved the new feature set, so hopefully a patch to 19.12.x will come sooner rather than later.

0 Likes
sopcannon
Journeyman III

try using a different connection on the gpu that stopped the black screens for me

0 Likes
ghost13
Adept III

No problems here! That Driver is AWESOME!!! It just works!

Thank you AMD thank you very much!

I really like RIS slider and AMD App to play my PC Games on my Phone! Stunning new Tech.!

S@M
colesdav
MVP

I am reverting back to Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1. 
I will take a look at it at the end of February 2020 and hopefully it will be redesigned and might work or back to Adrenalin 2019 style GUI by then. 

0 Likes
squuiid
Adept I

19.12.3 drivers are garbage it would seem. Black screens here also, totally randomly during a game.

Previously had no such issues when using 2019 19.12.1.

Going to roll back. I should have known better given the huge laundry list of bugs in the release notes for 19.12.3

ghost13
Adept III

I have Black Screen problems with some games with the new 2020 Driver and FRTC is missing

S@M
0 Likes
lortie258
Adept I

some games will not run at current updates. turned off my auto updates cause wargaming cant update enough for the current drivers from amd.

0 Likes