cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Gigantic: Rampage Edition

I have been looking for a fun MOBA alternative to games like DOTA 2, League of Legends, Smite, and Overwatch 2. I think I found it in the newly rereleased Gigantic: Rampage Edition. 

The gameplay is simple, fun, and if you feel like sweating, ranked play is coming. There are currently two PVP game modes. These game modes include Rush and Clash.

Rush, which is a more fast paced game mode, lets every player choose a hero and start at max level with your hero's full build complete. There are different roles that each hero similar to most other MOBAs.

cpurpe91_0-1712870904764.png

Each role is suited to a specific play style, and each hero can have a customized build, or you can use one of the two premade builds. 

The goal of Rush is to capture power points and eliminate enemies, each giving points toward the goal that allows you to eventually attack the enemy's gigantic creature close to their spawn. When you do get to Rampage, at 100 points, you and your team need to fend off enemies while doing as much damage as you can to the enemy's creature before the timer runs out, and the game starts what is basically the next round. You repeat these steps until the enemy's creature is defeated.

Clash while similar to Rush is a game mode that takes longer. The similarities consist of the same ability to choose your heroes, and the goal is the same however, you start at level 1 and upgrade your skills as you level. There is also the addition of creature summoning. Where there would be points of power you have the ability to spawn a creature that stands on that point while aiding your allies in ways that depend on which creature you summon. Everyone has a creature loadout. Some creatures help allies, while others are more damage focused. They are more complex than I can explain, and they get stronger over time. If an enemy kills your team's creatures they gain points toward the Rampage goal. Once Rampage happens whichever team got to 100 points gets to do damage to the enemy's gigantic creature. The goal is the same. Kill the "gigantic" and you win.

I am very new to the game. If anyone wants to chime in and explain the game better than myself, your comments are welcome. My understanding of the game is very limited, so please correct me if I am wrong.

I am just really happy that I found a game where even losing is fun.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
0 Replies