These days there are so many Gaming Subscription options out there, such as:

• Google Stadia
  • Nintendo Switch Online
  • Playstation Plus
  • Xbox Game Pass
  • PC Game Pass
  • EA Play
  • UPlay+

I normally only buy one AAA game a year, but that is still anywhere from $70 - $100. However, there are the occasional moments that I will buy a game on the side which averages around $10 - $30. So sometimes I can end up spending around $150 a year. Which in some cases is the annual price of one of these subscription models.

So I would love to hear from you and get your thoughts on these subscription platforms.

Do you
a) Have one yourself, if so what do you think of it?
b) Recommend any specific one as the overall best?
and c) Recommend anyone for PC gaming specifically?

Looking forward to your replies!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
10 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

I've only tried the Xbox Game Pass for PC, you can get it for just $1 for 3 months, it's great for discovering new games frequently.

I have EA Play currently, because it is so cheap when you purchase for a year, you get half the price. I have many titles there I would like to try, such as the Need For Speed Franchise.

Xbox gamepass, for me, was a little expensive considering the cheaper alternative of AE Play and I already have many of the titles of the PC Game Pass, but if they give cheap for 3 months, one could give it a try.

I personally like to buy games not only because that makes me own them, but because I like to make up for my youth when I cracked many games in order to give back to the community.

So I can definitely recommend EA Play because its only like 23 dollars a year.

I hope this helps.

Good topic!

I'm currently subbed to Nintendo Switch Online and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (so it covers PC and console). Personally I think the Xbox Game Pass is worth it, whether it's on PC or console. I've enjoyed the game selection so far and they also have "day one releases" where they offer some games on the first day of release (like the recent release, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge).

@RomatebitegeL wrote:

I personally like to buy games not only because that makes me own them, but because I like to make up for my youth when I cracked many games in order to give back to the community.

This comment resonates with me because I also buy games (and sometimes mobile game content) for this reason - to support the developers.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
COMBATIVE
Adept I

For me I think it is easily Game pass since it's cheap and includes other subscription services. And The Xcloud is better than stadia since your not forced to buy a stadia controller to play cloud gaming and you pay once and it is super cheap the only bad thing about it is that you need good internet for xcloud and has alot of input lag and less availability in many countries!

0 Likes
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

I was really excited to see this post. You listed some I haven't even heard of! 

@Ashley_AMD and I are basically the same people - I have the Xbox game pass and Nintendo Switch Online. I really only have the Nintendo one because they've limited that to be the only way you play online with others. I will say I keep an eye on the Nintendo store because they have really good deals sometimes.

I haven't really tried to get anything else because Steam is great, you can try a game and if you don't like it you can be refunded as long as you play less than 2 hours. It saved me a lot, and I like supporting game developers - especially smaller ones. 

In the same vein, Xbox is super great with the free games you're able to download and play - for long periods of time too. 

I'll be looking into some of the others you listed - thank you for this! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
patrictmcBride
Journeyman III

I have EA Play currently, because it is so cheap when you purchase for a year, you get half the price. I have many titles there I would like to try, such as the Need For Speed Franchise.

Xbox gamepass, for me, was a little expensive considering the cheaper alternative of AE Play and I already have many of the titles of the PC Game Pass, but if they give cheap for 3 months, one could give it a try.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I've recently got pc gamepass, after many games bought in the past year plus that were disappointing in quality and gameplay, i am trying a lot of games never thought would buy, so yeh kind of like try b4 you buy (shame that many AAA games (single player) don't have demos on release).

Not a multiplayer fan, 99% single player.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
vndpumps
Journeyman III

Hello,

Here are some Best Gaming Service you should try

1. Microsoft Game Pass for PC.
2. Humble Choice.
3. EA Origin Access.
4. PS Now.
5. UPlay+.

darthbaggins
Adept II

I would have to say, imo, that XBox Game Pass and Humble Choice are the best options out there.  Game Pass crosses nearly all developers into a single pass that, depending on the tier of subscription, that covers multiple platforms (console, PC, & mobile/streaming) for a decent price.  Humble Choice (I've been subbed to it since 2017) is a good grab bag of Indie titles and AA/AAA titles to keep for a steal of a price - some months are "meh", but the majority have been great.
gCEA5V6

0 Likes