cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Driver 24.5.1 Now Available!

This version popped up earlier this evening as I was updating my LAN computers for an upcoming LAN party on Memorial Day.  I installed it on one computer.  I have no idea yet how it performs.

Anyone else install it and give it a whirl?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
1 Solution
twibr
Adept III

It seems that everything is as it was, no better, no worse.

24,5.jpg

i5-13400/ asrock Z790 PG Lightning D4 /32 GBytes DDR4 3200 Hynix/ ASRock 7700xt Phantom Gaming OC/ Deepcool PQ1000m

View solution in original post

8 Replies
twibr
Adept III

It seems that everything is as it was, no better, no worse.

24,5.jpg

i5-13400/ asrock Z790 PG Lightning D4 /32 GBytes DDR4 3200 Hynix/ ASRock 7700xt Phantom Gaming OC/ Deepcool PQ1000m
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

It's working well for me in World of Tanks - Blitz, the only game I really play.  I'm happy with my RX 7900 XT.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

No issues with FFXIV so far.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Sounds like AI to me.

0 Likes

It is. Nuke it from orbit!

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Oh snap!  A new driver update is out - 24.6.1; was released on 20 June 2024.  Seems to work fine on my new build - Wine-Cool.

I just realized that after installing the updated driver, it reset my speakers to the monitor speakers.  That's an old problem that used to happen with past AMD driver updates.  The fix is easy though, just change back to your regular speakers in the sound settings of Windows.

Minor issue. For most of my at the desk taskings, I use my desktop speakers plugged into the MoBo. If I'm watching something on the 4K from the recliner, It's either those speakers (regular surfing) or my headset if I want surround sound (IE: a movie)

Performance over Pretty.
altinbevera
Journeyman III

0 Likes