cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

popichu
Adept II

7900XTX is a BEAST

AMD just released the 7900XTX which is a beast card. Im thinking it might sell better than the 4090. Any thoughts?

-Popichu
Ryzen 9 5900x RTX 3060 (yes its nvidia roast me now cuz i wasted my money) B550 Plus II Wifi 32 GB DDR4 3600mhtz 1TB SSD
22 Replies
Braegnok
Journeyman III

7900XTX looks faster than my RTX 3090 Ti, I plan on upgrading on Dec 13,2022.

Pre-Ordered EK block this morning, expected delivery is Dec 21,2022.

Pre-Order RX 7900XTX Vector2.jpg 

Hopefully I can order a reference card when they drop on Dec 13,2022,.. I don't want to compete with Bots, Scalpers for this upgrade. 

You would do better to wait for independent reviews before throwing money.

Congrats on getting the card! (also how did you get it for 249?)

-Popichu
Ryzen 9 5900x RTX 3060 (yes its nvidia roast me now cuz i wasted my money) B550 Plus II Wifi 32 GB DDR4 3600mhtz 1TB SSD
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Hopefully it does sell better than the RTX 4090. I have looked into the adapter problem and while the evidence suggests it doesn't effect every card it still raises some red flags for me. I personally feel that card just draws way too much power. Having all that power run through an adapter is probably safe from a technical stand point but it would be my worst nightmare to wake up to a burnt up PC and a bunch of residue inside my PC from the adapter burning up.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I was having some issues with my 6900xt so I swapped it with a 4090FE and the cable looks quite well made (still careful plugging it in). From what they are saying now is that they have 2 manufacturers for the cable and it only seems to be affecting one. So far no issues for me, fingers crossed. The 7900xtx will be going in my new AM5 build after xmas. Looking forward to seeing the benchmarks.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

More info on RX 7000 series from AMD here:

dryden
Adept III

I watched most of the presentation as well. It was impressive... performance per watt... performance per dollar.. in comparison to what the green team has to offer. Looking great AMD!!

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I am so stoked for the release. I may not be able to buy one, but it is nice to see AMD competing the way they are.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Pepe1
Adept II

The wait for December 13 is endless.

MADZyren
Paragon

Thing is, I kind of expected AMD to talk about new pricing for 7000-series CPU's. They don't sell well and unless prices drop remarkably, I don't think it will change. With current pricing, while I would like to get an AMD system again... It is starting to look bad. I'm still waiting, but can't wait forever.

0 Likes

This will be my first complete AMD system, I have been running Intel & Nvidia for years.

Current system is Asus Crosshair X670E Gene, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,.. https://imgur.com/x8IIDK0

I plan on upgrading graphics card on Dec 13 to AMD 7900XTX, EK block.

Braegnok_0-1667650104294.jpeg

Sorry for image quality, I'm having hard time uploading photo's or screen-shots,.. needed to copy and paste image. Seems all my photo's are too large to upload, will retry later.

0 Likes

System looks great! Congrats!

-Popichu
0 Likes
BlackSabbath
Adept II

Wait when you install AMD drivers 😂

You do realize drivers are tested before release? They do work in vast majority of machines and software, but as PC computers are not like consoles or Macs, where you only have a very limited amount of hardware configurations, problems do exist if you are unlucky and try to run a software or have a hardware configuration which is somehow incompatibe with existing drivers. All brands have these issues. Also it isn't always the case of "why is Windows so unstable piece of...." or "why can't get  this product or driver to work", but reason can also be broken hardware, poor installation and many other factors.

BlackSabbath
Adept II

Problem exist from 2019 and they dont now fix sorry but Nvidia drivers is much better and stable AMD have big problems with drivers long time 

0 Likes

As someone who owns two machines, one Nvidia and one AMD, my Nvidia one has had more stability issues. I am aware some people have configurations that do not work well with some AMD drivers, but to say Nvidia has less problems is just not accurate. Nvidia in my experience has the same problems. Certain hardware combinations just result in instability. While it would be nice to see both of them work on drivers, I have had significantly better experiences with AMD. I guess I am just a sample size of one, but most of the issues people have posted, were of configurations with bad hardware, poorly optimized games, and software incompatibilities. 

BlackSabbath
Adept II

People who experience testing graphic cards all recommendations is Nvidia for better stability and better support

0 Likes

This a joke post or nah?

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

If your gonna slander AMD 3 times on one post, you might be on the wrong form. (your opinion matters, but just don't slander them 3 times

-Popichu
0 Likes

I am not telling amd have bad products only junk drivers nothing else

0 Likes

Yes, but you don't have to say it 3 different ways

-Popichu
0 Likes
Pepe1
Adept II

Waiting for the price in the European Union.

0 Likes