cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPYC Discussions

VVladimir
Adept I

Server Supermicro H12SSL GPU AMD RX 7900XTX The external card does not show.

Attention! We found that Supermicro H12SSL and Gigabyte mz32-ar0 server boards for AMD EPIC processors from AMD block the external AMD graphics card. It turns out that the AMD mother cannot work with an AMD video card, but works with NVIDEO video cards. We rewrote the BIOS several times, changed settings and tested everything on other equipment 10 times to make sure everything worked. But we were unable to figure out why AMD video cards do not work on server boards. The tests involved several AMD RX 7900XTX/AMD RX 7800XT and very old video cards. The video signal appeared several times. But as soon as the computer turns off, the video signal is immediately transmitted to the internal video card. And the signal is not restored until I rewrite the BIOS. We think this version of the BIOS firmware does this because the internal video cheat is from INTEL. It looks like the BIOS is written incorrectly, which is why AMD cards are blocked. Please note that all bloggers have server computers equipped with NVIDEO cards. The same thing happens with the motherboard from GIGABYTE. That is, it turns out that whoever wants to build such a PC on AMD cards will not have a server!!!

1 Reply
VVladimir
Adept I

A strange thing happens: when you reset the BIOS, the PC sees the AMD video card, and everything works until you reboot the PC. And the PC again does not see the video card. What could it be?

0 Likes