cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Tinyskynet
Adept III

You got to be kidding me with Driver 24.7.1

First of all, I think it's good that AMD are actually fixing things.

But.....what the heck is going on with AMD? This driver brings the crashing raedonsoftware.exe bug back when afmf is turned on. With 24.6.1 it was fixed, and now it's back again.

And before anyone asks. I did a full cleanup with the amd cleanup utility and ddu.

So, yeah, great work!.

But really ,AMD is becoming a joke with their drivers.

New bugs are bad enough, but bringing old bugs constantly back, is a laugh.

Small update: The bug does not seem to be fully back. The exe seems to be very unstable sometimes.

3 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

0 issues here and I use AFMF on several games. 

0 Likes
mrpatan2024
Journeyman III

My problem with the new driver 24.7.1 is the following:  when my PC enters sleep mode, where the monitor also turns off, and then I try to wake it up, the image on the screen becomes corrupted, additionally, the image is only displayed on one side of the screen and is completely wrong and pixelated. I have already used DDU to perform a clean installation, but it didn't work. Then, I reverted to the previous driver 24.6.1, and the problem no longer occurred, so I conclude that it is the new driver. My GPU is an RX 7900xtx Hellhound. If anyone has had this problem and knows the solution, I would appreciate it.

0 Likes

I have noticed something similiar. Half the screen seems to be only displayed on one side of the screen sometimes after the monitor was turned off and woke up again. Not really corrupted though and when I tab back and forth it is fixed. But that is not normal.

0 Likes