cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mania_man101
Journeyman III

windows updating driver

Hi there, I have had this issue for 3 years now to the point where I have essentially given up.  At the moment if I were to search for my drivers in start I would be met with the message that windows has updated my drivers and are incompatible my with graphics card.  I have tried everything.  gone into device manager and disabled automatic updates, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, factory reset my drivers and even factory reset my laptop.  Best case scenario my drivers will work for a day and then when I go to open the Radeon software I am met with the same error message.  Can someone please help me with this im willing to spend a lot of time into this issue as im going to guess its hindering my performance a fair bit.  

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies

Some options here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48277-enable-disable-driver-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a....

They also have a sister forum for Win.11 with tutorial. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

i cant open gpedit.msc im on windows 11 btw

0 Likes

Their Win.11 forum has a similar tutorial, try regedit option if you don't have Pro version OS.

But it has been reported by some that clicking 'check for updates' may override it?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I managed to get that to work and my driver software opened for the first time in a while. However the next day I got a different error saying the installed driver software is incompatible with my gpu even though it was working fine the day before

0 Likes

sorry i made a mistake in my last reply it says the software is not compatible with the installed drivers 

0 Likes

Sounds like windows replaced the driver again, check in windows update history and/or reliability history monitor.

Might be better to try asking on https://www.elevenforum.com/ for other possible solutions.

0 Likes
daloco1
Adept II

download DDU.  https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
i usually extract it to C: but wherever you want is fine.
reboot in safe mode, start ddu,  click options, in the window that opens, in advanced options at the bottom, check, prevent downloads of drivers from windows uodate, then click close. 
on the right drop down box select device type gpu. then click clean and restart . i've never had windows try to install drivers with that on. and ddu is the best way to insure all remnants of the old drivers are gone.
good luck.

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi II - Ryzen 9 5900X - Deepcool LT720 360mm AIO - 32GB G.skill Ripjaws V Series DDR 4 3600 - Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX - Corsair RM1000x - Corsair 5000D Airflow
0 Likes