cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JoeNYC
Journeyman III

Windows Server 2022 on AM5 chipsets

The chipset driver installation (for Windows 10) disallows chipset driver installation on Windows Server 2022 (even though these operating systems are apparently compatible).

Is there a way to let the user bypass this OS check?

As a workaround, I manually went through the device manager items with warning and let the system search through the expanded AMD folder, and it was able to find drivers there, but I am nearly certain that the installation is not complete.

With release of Ryzen Server mother boards, like the one from Asrock, AMD should start supporting Windows Server 2022 for the 650 and 670 chipsets.

4 Replies
imvizen
Journeyman III

I bought an Epyc 4344P with a Gigabyte R123-C00-AA01 rack server and could not find drivers for Windows Server 2022.

Intel has driver support for their Xeon-E platform but the Epyc 4004 along with AM5 is lacking in this respect.

0 Likes

Can you post your PC information including Make & Model of CPU and Motherboard?

Windows Server 2022 is similar to Windows 10 except Windows Server has many added Security features not included in Windows 10 OS.

Windows 10 Drivers should be compatible with Windows Server 2022 depending on the Windows 10 version drivers.

What error codes are you getting when trying to install the AMD Chipset drivers?

0 Likes

CPU = Epyc 4344P

Motherboard = Gigabyte MC03-CE0-000 - It is in a 1U rack server R123-C00-AA01. 

Link to the server: https://www.gigabyte.com/Enterprise/Rack-Server/R123-C00-AA01

When I try and install the chipset drivers it states:

Unable to Install AMD Chipset Drivers

System configuration is not compatible for RAID drivers or applications installation.

A System Update is required to complete the installation.

I go into device manager and use JoeNYC's work around to install the drivers from the AMD folder that is created when i run the installer.

The main reason I bought the 4344P instead of a Ryzen 7700 is I thought there would be better Windows Server support.

Try posting this thread at AMD EPYC DISCUSSION that deals with everything to do with Server hardware and software besides EPYC processors: https://community.amd.com/t5/newcomers-start-here/bd-p/newcomer-forum

You first need permission to post at EPYC Discussion so post the thread at the link for New Comers. They will automatically transfer the thread to EPYC Discussions.

By the Way, EPYC Discussion used to be AMD FORUM SERVER GURU a stand alone forum that was moved and renamed recently to the AMD Developer's Forum.

@shrjoshi 

0 Likes