cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Will Radeon Image Sharpening be coming to Vega APUs?

This software seems to make lots of sense for lower end hardware, running at lower resolutions. Curious specifically about this, since the higher end Vega graphics processors, based on the same architecture, received the feature. 

0 Likes
3 Replies

I don't think they even said ahead of time it was coming to Vega so likely you will just be pleasantly surprised when it does. I agree it would be great. As a user of re-shade I can tell you I see know reason they can't, as it is as far as I know a software side feature. I bet they will as I know the green team made their similar feature across the board and they two companies typically try to maintain parity.

0 Likes
hoak
Adept I

Well now that they've enabled RIS on Vega, you'd think (hope) they'd enabled for Vega GPUs like the 2400G; it's a Vega 11 APU part that would benefit enormously from RIS as down-sampling is essential to run just about any game that's newer then ten years old and not run it as a slide show... Or is there just no the hardware features needed on Vega 11 to support RIS? You'd think with the size of APU market this would get some attention -- perhaps it's as simple now as editing the Windows Registry...

0 Likes

I don't know if they will or will not but there are many feautures that are not available for mobile solutions that are available fro desktop gpu. So either way would not surprise me. 

0 Likes