cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

OaransanAMD
Adept I

When installing Adrenalin 23.4.2 it disappears from the Windows taskbar.

Hello, I have a problem, in case someone else has the same problem and knows how to solve it. I updated to version 23.4.2 of Adrenalin and when I restart the PC the Adrenalin icon disappears from the taskbar. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and the same thing always happens. As soon as I install it, the Adrenalin icon is there, but as soon as I turn the PC off and on or restart it, it disappears. I've reverted to version 23.4.1 and it works fine, with this version it doesn't go away.

Oaransan
0 Likes
3 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What hardware are you running? Is it possible Windows is overwriting your driver installation? Is Windows driver updating turned off? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
OaransanAMD
Adept I

Thank you very much for your answer. I will try the new version of drivers that have come out now, 23.4.3 to see if the problem has been solved. Thank you so much.

Oaransan
0 Likes
OaransanAMD
Adept I

Hello, nothing, I still have the same problem. If I install the latest drivers 23.4.3 and restart Windows or turn the PC off and on, the Adrenalin icon disappears from the Windows taskbar. I have tried to disable automatic Windows driver updates and nothing, the same problem still exists. I have had to revert to a fairly early version of the Adrenalin drivers for this to not happen.

Oaransan
0 Likes