cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dave_zilla
Adept II

What might cause this - AMD Software not compatible

I bought a 7800XT recently and doesn't matter what GPU driver i install, this message pops up randomly making me re-install. Do i need a BIOS update, or might it be motherboard or CPU issues? Any help appreciated.

Hardware - Ryzen 5 5600X, B450-F MB, ASRock Phantom RX 7800 XT

(edit: i updated the BIOS end of Oct last year when i got the 5600x)

error.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

You are probably right @dave_zilla try following these two guides. 

Solved: How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Updat... - AMD Community

Windows Update Replacing AMD Adrenalin Drivers? FIX it in 2 minutes! - YouTube

After following these guides, use DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility to remove the old drivers and download the ones from the AMD support page.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Probably Windows update replacing driver, guides on the web to block driver update from them.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I'll look into that thanks, but not sure that is the issue. I've been through changing, updating drivers the past few days before Avatar came out, so it was literally happening within 24hrs. I'll keep an eye on it and look into the Win update.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

You are probably right @dave_zilla try following these two guides. 

Solved: How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Updat... - AMD Community

Windows Update Replacing AMD Adrenalin Drivers? FIX it in 2 minutes! - YouTube

After following these guides, use DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility to remove the old drivers and download the ones from the AMD support page.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

ah cool thanks. i've paused the update until 3rd Jan, and i've changed the setting in the update too. hopefully this fixes, soon know :))

0 Likes

Looks like this is resolved. No driver problems since taking control of windows update. BUT...I also found that the windows display settings were causing huge problems. I had HDR set on and it was putting my monitor to 60hz (should be 165). So games i've been playing have been shockingly bad and looking washed out. Resolved this yesterday and now things are spot on. PHEW!!

0 Likes
trippy112
Adept I

i am having the same problem with my rx 5700 xt. they need to fix it, not us

0 Likes